Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Media Libray
[Post New]
When building a media library, does the entire movie file get moved to another folder or does DVDFab 17 just make links or whatever that point the player to the original location of the movie file?

The reason I ask is I have a huge collection of movies that are on two separate SSDs in my computer and I would like to see the contents of both drives in one list. However, if setting up a media library means the entire file is copied to another folder, it will be impossible to do since the SSD the folder will go into will be too small (I'm using the largest consumer SSDs possible already). Jeannie
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Lady Fitzgerald:

PowerDVD17 just creates links to the media that it catalogues. It does not make copies of the media.

I hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
[Post New]
Quote Lady Fitzgerald:

PowerDVD17 just creates links to the media that it catalogues. It does not make copies of the media.

I hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

This helps immensely.

Thank you for the swift response!

Jeannie Jeannie