Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fail to enable HDCP?!
Ryan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2007 06:47 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Everytime I try to play a Blu-Ray disc on my Sony BDRW BWU-100A I get this message:

Warning
Fail to enable HDCP. Please switch to analog output (VGA, D-Sub) and try again. - (Error Code = 0107)

My main specs:
Nvidia 7900 GS graphics card
4 GB of memory
Intel Pentium 4 processor with HT 3.73ghz
320 GB hard drive

I do have all the latest patches and drivers. I can't switch to VGA because the card only has DVI slots.

If anyone can help that would be great.

Thanx.

Daisuke [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Oct 03, 2006 06:25 Messages: 354 Offline
[Post New]
Some 7900 GS graphics cards don't support HDCP.
You need to ask your card vendor.
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 02, 2007 19:09 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Mine says "Fail to enable HDCP. Please switch to analog."

Thats a bunch of crap. I have a $1400 Samsung 244t HDCP monitor, connected via DVI to my Geforce 8800 GTS.

In the BD/HD Advisor, everything is green, meaning its ok. Yet, PowerDVD says it can't enable HDCP. It worked fine in XP, its only in Vista that PowerDVD 7 Ultra doesn't work.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 02. 2007 20:19

StratOS [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Slovenia Joined: Mar 02, 2008 14:37 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Have the same problem, both graphic card & lcd were HDCP ready, but could only play some films on analog

After patching the latest version of power DVD for my LG BD burner and using AnyDVD i can play it on analog or digital, works fine with every BD rom.
Benjamin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2008 19:23 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Have the same problem, both graphic card & lcd were HDCP ready, but could only play some films on analog

After patching the latest version of power DVD for my LG BD burner and using AnyDVD i can play it on analog or digital, works fine with every BD rom.

Why can you people seriosly just answer the friggen qustion. How the hell do you fix this?
I have screwed around for an hour now. And too many people try to act so smart and answer the original questions with more. How does this get fixed? Its a simple question.
kishimoto [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 01, 2007 23:38 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I guess you guys are using XP? Cyberlink have broken the HDCP check under XP in the latest PowerDVD update (4617). So, you have to revert back to 4407.
Carl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 20, 2008 10:36 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same issue (Vista 64-bit Ultimate). I know the LG Blu-Ray burner reads blank Blu-Ray discs, and plays regular DVDs.

I ran the BD Advisor. It gives me an "unknown" for the graphics card, but it should be okay as my NVIDIA GTX 260 (ASUS) is supposed to be compliant with HDCP, per the asus.com website, and a red "no" for video connection type. I'm connected via DVI cable to a monitor that is several years old (Syncmaster 213T from 2004 or 2005 or so). I've ordered a Syncmaster T260, which, according to product specs on the Samsung website is "DVI with HDCP."

Is my monitor the problem, and is a new monitor going to correct it?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 20. 2008 14:54

kishimoto [Avatar]
[Post New]
I hear if your GPU isn't on Cyberlink's approved list, it's game over. My card is a mid-range Radeon HD 4670 1GB and it plays BD flawlessly with TMT (Total Media Theatre), but not really anymore with PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra 4617 since it's not on Cyberlink's approved list.
Carl [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I hear if your GPU isn't on Cyberlink's approved list, it's game over. My card is a mid-range Radeon HD 4670 1GB and it plays BD flawlessly with TMT (Total Media Theatre), but not really anymore with PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra 4617 since it's not on Cyberlink's approved list.

Well, that would suck. It's a brand new NVIDIA GTX 260 card - 896MB. Actually, under "Unknown" for the BD Advisor it says "The tested item meets the minimum requirement, but is still below the recommended requirement. System can still play some movies very well, but for certain titles the user may notice performance or quality issues."

896MB is below the recommended requirement? What is the recommended requirement? 1 GB? Or is there another type of requirement that my card is falling below the recommended requirement of? It's not more specific - the quote I gave you above is all it says. The card just came out in June, and kicks the ass of other cards the Cyberlink website lists as recommended, such as the GeForce 7600 GT. The Cyberlink website says the card needs to be 256MB RAM - I'm well above that.

When I put in a Spider-Man 3 Blu-Ray disc, the tile menu started for about three or four seconds before the "Fail to Enable HDCP" message came up. I'm still hoping it's a monitor issue, and I'm 95% certain my monitor (from 2004 or 2005) isn't HDCP-compliant. Maybe it will work once I get the new monitor - Amazon.com should deliver it on Wednesday. I'll check back and let you know.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 21. 2008 21:10

kishimoto [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Carl,

Yep, you have one of the best video cards in the market. But, it's not listed on Cyberlink's approved list yet. My HD 4670 1GB is more powerful thatn Cyberlink's approved ATI cards, but it's still new and they haven't approved it yet. So, the status is unknown.

I solved my problem though. The newest ATI driver also conflicts PowerDVD 7.3 (4407 & 4617) on XP besides the newest versions of PowerDVD 7.3 4617 won't play *any* BD disc under XP with an ATI graphics card, regardless if you have a HDCP capable monitor or not, because Cyberlink has broken the HDCP detection.

So, I reverted back to the previous ATI driver and now the previous PowerDVD 4407 works again with the HD 4670.

BTW. my monitor is 22" LG monitor and it's not HDCP-compliant.

- Hiro

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 22. 2008 16:09

Carl [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the info, Hiro. It is just bad that Cyberlink won't get around to approving newer video cards. As noted, I'll get my new monitor later this week, and that problem should solve itself. I'm hoping not to have the other conflict issues you note, as I have the latest NVIDIA drivers for the card.

BTW, I'm running Vista Ultimate 64-bit, if I haven't already noted. The XP issue you were having hopefully won't be a problem for me.

Again, I'll post back when I get the monitor and let you know the status. I will be livid if I can't play Blu-Ray discs on a powerful computer, an HDCP-compliant graphics card and a HDCP-compliant monitor, all because Cyberlink won't update the approved graphics card list.

Thanks again for the information.

Carl

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 22. 2008 16:46

Carl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 20, 2008 10:33 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I just wanted to update - I did get an HDCP-compliant monitor (the Samsung Syncmaster T260 is a beautiful monitor, BTW) and Blu-Rays discs now play. Even though the NVidia GTX 260 was noted as "Unknown" in the BD Advisor, it did play the Blu-Ray discs. It would be nice if Cyberlink would update their graphics cards noted as approved in the BD Advisor - the NVidia GTX 200 series came out back in June 2008, if I recall.
don [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 30, 2008 18:50 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Im having all the same problems... i think. How can i roll back power dvd?

I switched the other day from svid to hdmi and now blu rays just give me a black screen while the main movie is playing. Everything else works fine. regular dvds work perfectly, its just blu ray. i have anydvd running so it should have gotten rid of the hdcp. at this point i dont know what to do. I just want an answer. powerdvd tech support was no help whatsoever. they responded to my email with a list of about 19 things i had to find out just to give me an answer. Plus the wanted me to download all this crap. I ran bd adviser. it said im good to go. why on earth should i need to download all this other crap?

Carl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 20, 2008 10:33 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Don, I was looking at the specs of my new monitor (Samsung Syncmaster T260), and it says that the monitor is HDCP-compliant through the DVI input (I'm using DVI to connect from my graphics card to my monitor). I'm presuming (though I haven't tried it) that my monitor isn't compliant though the HDMI input. Could this be the problem? It sounds like the movie is playing, as you can hear the sound (I presume), so I would think your player and graphics card are okay.

Perhaps your monitor isn't HDCP compliant through the HDMI input.

Just a thought.
don [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yea im actually not going to a monitor. Im running my hdmi to a onkyo tx sr604 reciever, and from there hdmi out to my mitsubishi hc1600 hd projector. Im not sure if my reciever is hdcp, i do not think it is. That said, anydvdhd is running! the hdcp should be disabled. I just ordered a ati 4xxx series card with hdmi out. I have this question on 4 different forums and in to tech support for powerdvd and i got nothing.
Shawn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 22, 2008 13:45 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
I have posted this suggestion so many times my fingers hurt from sayin the same thing over an over.... GET ANYDVD!!! It fixes Cyberlinks crap "patch" and allows you to view your blurays again. It's 3rd party but it doesn't have crap attached like random stupid toolbars an such. Its just a nice program that disables checkers and copy protections. Give it a try and I bet you'll be happy again. Dont listen to 'ol Daisuke cause his/her information is flawed and incomplete. Prob because the person isn't given the correct or full info to begin with. Dont fault Daisuke, fault Cyberlink as a whole cause they suck a royal buttcrack...

http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

Thats to get AnyDVD... just get the trail until these idiots fix their crappy software and give us all our money's worth. Use AnyDVD for the 21 days the trail is good for then just reinstall it again. It resets the 21 day timer.

Good luck and best wishes.

p.s. be sure to read over the whole forum and look for threads that prob have somthing in the line like "ERROR 0110 FIXED!!!" or "HDCP somthing" and you would have seen some other people had the same issue and resolved it themselves.
don [Avatar]
[Post New]
I AGREE only i suggest buying it. its worth it.
Paul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 14, 2008 04:51 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
What does this mean when its red:
Video Connection Type: Digital (With out HDCP). I have my PC plugged into a Phillips 200w (20in LCD 200w6).
But i do notice in device manager I have others listed as I run VMWARE on this machine sometimes and a Dell 1503FP monitor as my dual monitor. But not now.
don [Avatar]
[Post New]
What do you mean by red? When you play a movie the picture comes out red? If this is what you mean just change the refresh rate. In your video setting, the Hz might not be set right.
Paul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 14, 2008 04:51 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry about that. I was going to paste in the BD Advisor panel, where, after a scan, it showed the below radio button as red.