Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Impossible Download PD8 !
[Post New]

Again like old PD7 !

Just payed for new PD8, received download link and serial number ... download links DOESN'T WORK !

Please help me

Thanks

Luca Anelli
Alan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2009 08:02 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Me too I place a support call with cutomerservices@digitalriver.com because their site tells me I have downloaded it too many times.

I would like to download it once.
[Post New]
Same problem here.
I ordered "Upgrade to PowerDirector 8 Deluxe from 6/7 other version (Download version)"

When i open the link it tells me that an error have happend
[Post New]
Quote: Me too I place a support call with cutomerservices@digitalriver.com because their site tells me I have downloaded it too many times.

I would like to download it once.

The E-MAil abowe, cutomerservices@digitalriver.com, DOESN'T WORK !!
A message tell me that is impossibile to deliver any new mail to that address, fantastic !!
It Take the money and run away ??

HELP

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 06. 2009 05:37

[Post New]
Another good news : also the address cyberlink.cs@digitalriver.com doesn't work !
Fantastic We are alone in the dark ...
Alan [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm sorry Luca. I have fat fingers

the email is customerservices@digitalriver.com

I missed out an 's'

I just went back to the cyberlink site and cancelled my order. I believe you can cancel on the same day you place the order.
[Post New]
I have contacted the customer service via a support ticket.
Hopefully this will help.
[Post New]
Done it ... I hope me to to have a replay ASAP
Is not a very good electronic deliver, also with the opld PD7 I had a hundred of download problems
The history doesn't taught anything
Peter Ozpeter [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 10, 2008 20:51 Messages: 336 Offline
[Post New]
The ordering system seems to have broken down - apparently they are in the process of upgrading it, but like others here, the download system won't download the program, and although I have been sent an order confirmation email, the Cyberlink site says I've not placed an order.

Not a good moment for them to have launched a new program!
Raynald [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2009 18:05 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I cannot download the content after downloading the trial and activating the trial.
I do not have the full version and evertime I go on the support to email, the email verification code fails so I cannot get in touch with them.

How do I let them know I cannot get the paid for content?
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Well I finally received a reply from digital river with a new download link, 3 days after I sent them an email. So hang in there, but yes it is a bad deal for the release of a new product. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
[Post New]
Contact Dafydd he will help you immediatly !
Also CyberLink support is very fast to replay to your question
After less than 24hr I was able to download my copy of PD8

Thanks a lot

Luca
Peter Ozpeter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Their email response hasn't reached me yet but it's a long way from there to Australia!
[Post New]
I'm also unable to download so I sent CS an email for help.

"The email response was:The error message you encountered indicates that the maximum number of
download attempts have been used. We have reset your order to allow
> additional attempts.

> To re-download your program, please follow these steps:
>
> 1. Go to https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/member/sign-in.do
>
> 2. Enter your email address and password* into the requesting fields
>
> *If you do not know your password, please use the "Forgot Password?"
> link on the page.
>
> 3. Click the "Sign In" button
>
> 4. Click the "Download" button and select the option to "Save".
> (NOTE: If clicking the download button does not work, try right clicking
> on the button and choosing the option to ?save target as?)
>
> 5. You will be prompted to choose a location to save the downloaded
> file. We recommend placing the file on your Desktop.

This might work for someone but it didn't work for me yet.

Firstly, when I log in (step 4) there is no "download" button in the members area.

Secondly, There is no record of my order in the members area.

Thirdly, when i do try to re-download today it fails again, first time. Message: The file was not found on the server! The build of digital river may be out of date.

I have used 2 different computers and 2 different browsers, xp and vista, firefox and einternet explorer (both latest).

Anyone have any suggestions?
Peter Ozpeter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Exactly what happens here. It shouldn't be this hard! I've never had any trouble with downloading internet purchased software before.
[Post New]
Well at least its not limited to us here in Oz...

Hopefully they sort it soon for us both.
Peter Ozpeter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Aha! I clicked on the "Support Tickets" button in the Customer Support section of the members area, and there's then a "My order history" tab there, which DOES list my orders.

But it doesn't have a download link.

Still, at least the evidence is there that I've ordered and paid for the program.

Also in that general area I found a downloadable user's guide - http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/userguide_en_US.html - which I didn't realise is available.
Alan [Avatar]
[Post New]
I give the support team at Cyberlink top marks. I raised a support call (well maybe three in total) and they got back to me within 24 hrs with links to different locations to download the software from and they worked. I now have to try and install the software so that could be another story who knows?

Always remember... there is no such thing as completely bug free software or processes. A key thing is how quickly a bug can be fixed once discovered.

Again top marks Cyberlink for the quick response.
Ovation99 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 07, 2009 07:51 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
I had the same problem after paying for the upgrade and sent an email to Digital River but have had no reply.
However, I also sent CS an email along the same lines, with my order number details and got a reply in less tha 24 hours.
Their response provided me with a link and suggested that I download the FULL program rather than the upgrade from 7 to 8.
This I did and also the Content file as well and EVERYTHING WORKS !!!javascript:emoticon('');javascript:emoticon('');
Still no reply from Digital River tho', but that's academic now. MB: Asus M5A99X Evo
CPU: AMD FX8150 Eight Core
Ram: 16GB Corsair 1666mhz
HDD: Various. All SATA 7200 RPM
Enermax Water Cooling
Asus Geforce GTX 650
Window 8.1 (64 Bit)
Power Director 13 Ultra
Peter Ozpeter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd posted twice in one thread that Digital River were responsible for downloads rather than Cyberlink, but as they are not responding, I too have followed the lead of others in this thread and I've emailed Cyberlink support.

Meanwhile I've managed to install the "free" copy of MediaShow Espresso, and to begin with I thought that was a pup - it said my AVCHD files were incompatible with playback, and only did conversions with no sound. However, I then realised I had an audio editing app running in the background, and having closed that, all was well - which goes to show that it's best to suspect oneself as being to blame first when things go wrong rather than blaming the software first!

The problem is that it seems to be geared for NTSC (30fps output, no setting to change that) but I'll see if I can get hold of a PAL version.

[Edit - hmmm, a download from the UK site is also fixed at 30fps - not much use for anything...]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 08. 2009 00:14