Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Impossible Download PD8 !
Peter Ozpeter [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 10, 2008 20:51 Messages: 336 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd posted twice in one thread that Digital River were responsible for downloads rather than Cyberlink, but as they are not responding, I too have followed the lead of others in this thread and I've emailed Cyberlink support.

Meanwhile I've managed to install the "free" copy of MediaShow Espresso, and to begin with I thought that was a pup - it said my AVCHD files were incompatible with playback, and only did conversions with no sound. However, I then realised I had an audio editing app running in the background, and having closed that, all was well - which goes to show that it's best to suspect oneself as being to blame first when things go wrong rather than blaming the software first!

The problem is that it seems to be geared for NTSC (30fps output, no setting to change that) but I'll see if I can get hold of a PAL version.

[Edit - hmmm, a download from the UK site is also fixed at 30fps - not much use for anything...]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 08. 2009 00:14

Peter Ozpeter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Woah, helpful reply with new download links from Cyberlink already. Now that's better.
Ovation99 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 07, 2009 07:51 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Peter,
How did you get the free copy of Media show Expresso?
I wasn't offered that within the upgrade cost of 7 to 8.
Would be pleased to know.
Cheers MB: Asus M5A99X Evo
CPU: AMD FX8150 Eight Core
Ram: 16GB Corsair 1666mhz
HDD: Various. All SATA 7200 RPM
Enermax Water Cooling
Asus Geforce GTX 650
Window 8.1 (64 Bit)
Power Director 13 Ultra
Peter Ozpeter [Avatar]
[Post New]
I was a new purchaser and MediaShow Espresso was bundled with that - presumably not with the upgrade.
[Post New]
Could someone that was given alternate links by CyberLink please post them for us to try.

I purchased a week ago and still have no program...

Cheers
Ovation99 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 07, 2009 07:51 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Ben
The links that were provided were only available for 24 hours to that specific person and were also provided with a specific username and password.
So providing them on the forum would be of no use as they would have expired.
I'm afraid that you will have to persist with Cyberlink, but make sure that you provide your order number so that it can be verified. MB: Asus M5A99X Evo
CPU: AMD FX8150 Eight Core
Ram: 16GB Corsair 1666mhz
HDD: Various. All SATA 7200 RPM
Enermax Water Cooling
Asus Geforce GTX 650
Window 8.1 (64 Bit)
Power Director 13 Ultra
Stephen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 12, 2008 06:52 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Well it seems nothing has changed in the weeks since you all posted your problems. I have been a user since version 6 and did the upgrade purchase thing and also have no way to download the software or even get my new key! All I get is a message saying order submitted and Upgrade to PowerDirector 8 Ultra from 6/7 Retail versions (Download version)

* Processing serial number or unlock code.

Very frustrating as I want to do the download inmy current download quota cycle (rolls over tomorrow!)
Kris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 08, 2009 19:10 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
If you dont juce "templete2" it works al perfect !!!!
Stephen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: If you dont juce "templete2" it works al perfect !!!!
Huh
Stephen [Avatar]
[Post New]
My issue has been resolved . . . . I think
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, I should have posted Digital River and Customer Support should be the ones to contact.
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

At the time I was being flooded with PM's and wanted all routes explored before I got washed away...

Dafydd
[Post New]
My issue has been resoved, I tried dowbloading the software for the 100th time and almost fell off my chair when it started without server issues.

This was the CyberLink response the day before it worked:

"The error message you encountered indicates that the maximum number of download attempts have been used. We have reset your order to allow additional attempts. To re-download your program, please follow these steps: 1. Go to https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/member/sign-in.do 2. Enter your email address and password* into the requesting fields *If you do not know your password, please use the "Forgot Password?" link on the page. 3. Click the "Sign In" button 4. Click the "Download" button and select the option to "Save". (NOTE: If clicking the download button does not work, try right clickingon the button and choosing the option to ?save target as?) 5. You will be prompted to choose a location to save the downloaded file. We recommend placing the file on your Desktop. You may reinitiate your download as many times as necessary in order to obtain a complete download. If you have difficulties downloading, there may be several reasons. Please check your system for and disable any of the following: Firewall - These are designed to stop downloads from non-approved sites. Antivirus Programs - These will try to stop or scan a download. It may cause the download to be corrupt or damaged. Finally, try using an alternate browser, and/or updating your browser tothe newest version. Not all browsers are fully compatible with all servers. Sincerely,Tony C.CyberLink online storeCustomer ServiceEmail ID: 11402673"