Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio and video out of sync
Starship Trooper [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2009 16:07 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem that numerous people are having with audio and sync getting out of sync during editing. In my case I import a video clip that plays fine in various players. It plays fine in PD7. I split the video at the point I want the video to begin and it is now out of sync. I have read multiple postings here about workarounds but there is no solution. As an IT professional for 25 years (developer, system analyst and DBA) I can tell a bug when I see one. My guest ion to Cyberlink is what are you doing to resolve this issue? This is a bug in your software and you should either fix it or give people a refund. One thing I really hate is when software companies refuse to admit that their software has a problem.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Gary,
I've read your post.
1. What version build of PD are you using?
2. Have you contacted online support?
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do
This is how you make contact with CyberLink, not here on the forum.
3. Did you consider the video file may be part of the corruption AND you haven't mention the source of the video file! What's the source? what's the extension? What's the file type?
4. You also didn't list the actions you were carrying out to cause the issue.
5. Who else has replicated your issue using the same identical source files?

My questions are pretty basic I know but as you are aware the lack of data leads to the inability to assess a situation correctly or to offer suitable advice.

Please look up:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
PART D

Often the solution, previously posted, has been simply to start a new project.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 22. 2009 13:39

[Post New]
1. 7.0.2726
2. No
3. Like I said in my post the video file plays fine in PD7 until I edit it. It is a Windows Media Center recorded TV file with the extension dvr-ms
4. Like I said in my post, I import the file. It plays fine. I move to the spot where I want my video to begin. I split the video. I remove the part before the split. The video and audio is now out of sync.
5. No one but it is obvious from this forum and from other web searches that numerious people are having problems with audio and video getting out of sync.

My machine specs:

quad-core intel processor
4 gb memory
nvidia 8800 gt video
1.5 tb disk space
sound blaster x-fi sound card
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've just done a Google search on "dvr-ms lip sync" and the problem appears to be with a number of editing and write programs.

I suggest you opt to split the audio from your video and see if that helps with your editing.

OR: I would also suggest you re-render the file format to .... something suitable like an mpeg and then edit it.

And or: I can arrange for you to upload a sample clip to be tested to see if your problem can be replicated. Is that do-able for you?

Dafydd

[Post New]
PD7 automatically converts the DVR-MS file to an mpg-2 file as you import it. I have determined that this is where the problem originates. I opened PD7. Imported the DVR-MS file. PD7 automatically converted it. I saved the project which also saves the converted dvr-ms file. I opened the mpg file with media player. The audio and video is in sync at the beginning but over in the file the audio and video is out of sync. This is a one hour program. Seems there is a problem with the conversion that PD7 is doing.
Compaq__ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 21, 2009 16:39 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
It's not exactly hard to duplicate. Just import, split the video. That's really all I did. Mine are just recordings from a CANON s3IS camera. This issue is driving me crazy.

Compaq__ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 21, 2009 16:39 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Actually...it looks like the problem occurred earlier in my project somewhere and the sound on EVERY clip after that point is out of whack. Basically the sound starts a second or two early on every clip. Hmmm...Wish I could figure out where and why it started happening though.
JOHN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 08, 2009 12:42 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I'm also running into the same problem in PD7. For me, the audio/video sync error seems to get more out of sync as the video progresses. It's very apparent in my 10-minute video. As a matter of fact, if I grab a new video clip from the "Media Room" tab and insert it into a point on the timeline where there's already a sync error, the newly inserted video clip will inherit this sync error. This happens without me having to split or shorten the newly inserted video clip. So it seems that changes to video clips made earlier in a timeline cause a domino-effect of increasingly worse sync errors further down the timeline.

I'm using PD7 7.0.3017.

Sample video can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkEn_Vk8G2Y

The video clip in the above link appears exactly the same way as it does in the PD7 "Edit" tab (in other words the error is not caused by YouTube). There is no noticeable A/V sync error at 0:45. The sync error becomes obvious around 1:58. In between these two points on the timeline are still photos each containing a "zoom" effect and a "fade" transition. The video clips themselves have been trimmed and a "fade" effect has been added between the trimmed clips.

Notice additional A/V sync errors at 3:25, 3:55 (notice hand claps), 5:25, and 7:05.

It would be really nice if this bug was addressed in the next bugfix release.

Thanks!

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Aug 08. 2009 14:42

rironin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 20, 2009 23:01 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Wow. This is awful. The last time I did a project using these same files was with an earlier version of PD7, back in November of 2008. Maybe this is a regression issue, because now I'm having similar problems. I have to say, this kind of error, being this prevalent, seems like amateur hour.

I am trying to split an mpg file that was originally several minutes long. After splitting, it seems able to play, once, from that point in the editor, but any kind of manipulation (just attempting to skip forward in the track or split again, for instance) and the sound is completely out of wack. I can't even tell by how much.

Increase virtual memory? Try changing to 1024x768? Maybe you were hitting level 1 tech support or something and they were just giving you the list, but seriously? If that's all they got for you, I'm sorely disappointed. These are reproducible testcases made with clips of video in common formats created with commercial home camcorders.
JOHN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 08, 2009 12:42 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I find it incredible that this audio sync error has still not been addressed. The folks who unfortunately purchased PowerDirector v8 are running into the same problem that us v7 folks have experienced:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/10203.page

As I said the above post, 90% of my time is being devoted to finding ways to avoid bugs in this buggy software. Only 10% is used for video editing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkEn_Vk8G2Y
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
John,

While I understand that you are having audio sync issues, they are not happening to ALL users of Power Director. I personally have never had an audio sync issues and I have used both PD7 and PD8.

I also did a search on a competitive products forum page searching for "Audio Sync Issues". My search resulted in 1,690 results. Maybe there software has bugs as well...or maybe the actual answer lies somewhere else. My point is....this is not an exclusive problem to Power Director, and it happens with a multitude of System platforms and Video Editing software applications.

What steps have you taken so far to correct your problem?

Regards,

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
John,
I've read your opinion post on the PD8 forum which Adrian answered.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/10203.page#47564
I understand you have an audio sync issue in PD7 and have demanded it be addressed by CyberLink, then approach CyberLink and not spam this forum. You understand?

Follow this link: http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

Tthe HD audio sync issues is often triggered by content added by an editor - a self inflict action.The issue is also dependent upon the video type of HD footage used - camera and whether it is interlaced or not. Often associated with mts file format. All this information is obtained simply by reading the posts on the forum, rather than what you have done and blathered a comment containing inaccuracies to suit your own predicament.

Find the cause and remove it.

PD7 is as is and is unlikely to be changed in any way.

PD8 users have excellent support from a very knowledgeable group of editors. I suggest you upgrade to PD8 or not.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 24. 2010 17:24