Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 16/ Audio Director live
AgedRebel123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2014 16:40 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Hi I have noticed that there seems to be some functions missing.
Is there an upgrade available even though I use a subscription for PD16?

Thank you.
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Can you be more specific about the functions you are referring to?

To ensure you have the latest version, just launch the CyberLink Application Manager and check for and download the updates. I believe you can access it here if you don't have it installed anymore:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/member/service/manage-subscription.do?lang=ENU&affid=2581_0_712

And here is an FAQ about the application manager if you have any questions about it:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=16749

David

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 10. 2018 05:50

AgedRebel123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

Can you be more specific about the functions you are referring to?

To ensure you have the latest version, just launch the CyberLink Application Manager and check for and download the updates. I believe you can access it here if you don't have it installed anymore:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/member/service/manage-subscription.do?lang=ENU&affid=2581_0_712

And here is an FAQ about the application manager if you have any questions about it:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=16749

David

Thanx for getting back to me.

I dont see the True Velocity function for example, even though its supposed to be part of PD16.
Unless its hidden real well. Inwich case it be a mistake because its the only one useful in this whole upgrade.
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
In edit mode: View - SVRT information
In the Timeline: right mouse click - Show SVRT Track
in Producing: Fast Video rendering technology - SVRT

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
AgedRebel123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote In edit mode: View - SVRT information

Hatti

Thank you very much.Another PD16 secret revealed.

Now If I could fig out how to get my whole film that I shot in PD16 pds format into Audio Director so I can actually use it, that be awesome. So far I managed to get a single scene in it. Not the whole film. And even at that I cant see the Video window in the Mix room. That makes it pretty useless.

This used to be so easy. Now I am so lost, its pathetic.
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
That is not possible.You have two options:

1. You have to produce the video first, then load the produced video in AudioDirector.

2. Since it is pretty useless, get another software.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
AgedRebel123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote That is not possible.You have two options:

1. You have to produce the video first, then load the produced video in AudioDirector.

2. Since it is pretty useless, get another software.

Hatti

Thank you so much. You are a wealth of information.

One last question:
Are there earlyer Versions of PD and Audio Director available?
I like the program but the newer Versions simply dont work for a Film Maker.
What are they thinking?
I never had a problem with older Versions. Everything was integrated and fast.
I want my old stuff back!!!
[Post New]
Quote Hi I have noticed that there seems to be some functions missing.
Is there an upgrade available even though I use a subscription for PD16?

Thank you.

In PD, the tools come up as you select, image, video, audio, etc ... in the timeline.
Buttons open, tool menus or effects.
Click right on the video has more options.
AudioDierctor is for correcting or improving audio when you need it. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Quote In edit mode: View - SVRT information

Hatti

Thank you very much.Another PD16 secret revealed.

Now If I could fig out how to get my whole film that I shot in PD16 pds format into Audio Director so I can actually use it, that be awesome. So far I managed to get a single scene in it. Not the whole film. And even at that I cant see the Video window in the Mix room. That makes it pretty useless.

This used to be so easy. Now I am so lost, its pathetic.

Sadly, it's one of the short comings of Cyberlink software, in that you can't load an entire project into either Audio Director OR ColorDirector from PowerDirector as a sequence or straight from the timeline. The choice you have (at the moment) is loading just the clip(s) you are working on OR the completed, final work from your "Produced" edit. (At least the individual settings from ColorDirector are now recognised by PD so things are changing) It's the BIG thing that's missing from the Cyberlink system, I'm hoping that this will change in the near future.

Cheers

Dave. I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.