Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Full Screen Preview - Disable video controlls
Steve100 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 03, 2016 15:11 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I often work in full screen preview when checking my subtitles. One issue that always bugs me is when I bump my mouse the video controls will appear and block the view of the subtitles.
Is there a way (perhaps CSS) to make the video control only appear when I click the mouse or move the mouse to the lower part of the screen?
Thanks.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Steve -

I can't see, nor think of, any way to modify the way the video control panel pops up when you touch the mouse/track pad/screen. I guess, PDR assumes you might need them.

For now, the best option is...

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
If you have 2 monitors the full scrren preview on the 2nd monitor works as expected, the video controls only reappear when the mouse moves on to the second monitor. I realise this may just frustrate if you do not have a second monitor so I tried the following on just one monitor.

Click to undock the preview screen, click to view full screen, and wait for the controls to disappear (about 2 seconds) then you can stop/start playback using the Space bar, you can frame step back and forward using the , and . keys (no shift needed) go to front of project using Home key and end of project using the End key, and all of this does not cause the control panel to reappear. When you want the control panel back - you already know how to do that!

Alan.
Steve100 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 03, 2016 15:11 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Alan,

Thanks!

This will be the best method until I get another monitor.
Actually, your method worked even without undocking the preview screen. Regular full screen mode seems to allow the same keyboard controls.
I do wish CyberLink gave the ability to drag the controller to another part of the screen or enable a way to make it appear when desired. I guess there is no demand for this funtion besides me

Thank again,

Steve

Quote If you have 2 monitors the full scrren preview on the 2nd monitor works as expected, the video controls only reappear when the mouse moves on to the second monitor. I realise this may just frustrate if you do not have a second monitor so I tried the following on just one monitor.

Click to undock the preview screen, click to view full screen, and wait for the controls to disappear (about 2 seconds) then you can stop/start playback using the Space bar, you can frame step back and forward using the , and . keys (no shift needed) go to front of project using Home key and end of project using the End key, and all of this does not cause the control panel to reappear. When you want the control panel back - you already know how to do that!

Alan.