Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio cannot be heard
Cokeaddict57 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Aug 20, 2016 23:28 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hey guys, 1st time I have had this problem......

Shot a short video from my sony a6000 of a steam train
uploaded to laptop, works a treat
Sound levels are perfect
Import the video into PD16 to edit and the sound graph is there but cant hear sound
Tried to edit it in audio director and sound works fine
saved modified audio edit to desktop and again works fine
Imported audio into new timeline and again...no sound

what I have noticed is in the edit page where we see the video we r editing, the speaker icon has the line through it to indicate no volume adjustments available, I cannot remove that option either.
Other that that, It all works perfectly outside PD16
Any ideas guys?

1st time I have used my a6000 for video.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p163/cokeaddict571/No%20Soound%20Heard_zpsitz9p4wp.jpg

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 25. 2018 18:53

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hey guys, 1st time I have had this problem......

Shot a short video from my sony a6000 of a steam train
uploaded to laptop, works a treat
Sound levels are perfect
Import the video into PD16 to edit and the sound graph is there but cant hear sound
Tried to edit it in audio director and sound works fine
saved modified audio edit to desktop and again works fine
Imported audio into new timeline and again...no sound

what I have noticed is in the edit page where we see the video we r editing, the speaker icon has the line through it to indicate no volume adjustments available, I cannot remove that option either.
Other that that, It all works perfectly outside PD16
Any ideas guys?

1st time I have used my a6000 for video.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p163/cokeaddict571/No%20Soound%20Heard_zpsitz9p4wp.jpg
Check that your preview is set to Real Time Preview. Sound is muted in Non-Real Time Preview. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Cokeaddict57 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Aug 20, 2016 23:28 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Carl you are a champion mate,
That fixed it.
Have no idea how it ended up in Non-Real Time Preview but it did.

Many many thanks mate.
Kolbeinn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 25, 2018 22:33 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
the speaker icon has the line through it to indicate no volume adjustments available, instagram search
davecvideo
Newbie Location: Kitsap, WA Joined: Jan 02, 2012 15:34 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Check that your preview is set to Real Time Preview. Sound is muted in Non-Real Time Preview.

Mine is set to RT Preview but still has no sound. The clip plays everywhere else. I edited the clip in Audio Producer which worked and the imported clip has no sound. Audio is enabled. And it chooses to do this right after I get a new client. See the Difference video can make with DaveCVideo!
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]

Mine is set to RT Preview but still has no sound. The clip plays everywhere else. I edited the clip in Audio Producer which worked and the imported clip has no sound. Audio is enabled. And it chooses to do this right after I get a new client.
The things to check for no audio.

1. The volume is turned up on preview. If you can not change the volume, you are almost for certain in non-real time preview.

2. That you are in Realtime Preview.

3. The audio portion of the track is checked.

4. Audio driver is working and installed for Windows.

5. There is actually audio in the video/audio file.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]

Mine is set to RT Preview but still has no sound. The clip plays everywhere else. I edited the clip in Audio Producer which worked and the imported clip has no sound. Audio is enabled. And it chooses to do this right after I get a new client.

Check the left side audio track for a box if it is marked.
Also the speaker icon below the preview is off
Right click on the audio, see if this checked Mute option, uncheck

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 01. 2018 08:21

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
davecvideo
[Post New]
The things to check for no audio.

1. The volume is turned up on preview. If you can not change the volume, you are almost for certain in non-real time preview.

2. That you are in Realtime Preview.

3. The audio portion of the track is checked.

4. Audio driver is working and installed for Windows.

5. There is actually audio in the video/audio file.

Thanks for the follow up!
Volume is turned up - in the mixing room I can see the levels moving
RTP is on
Audio is checked
Audio driver appears to be working (every other application using audio works on the computer)
The clip has audio - I play the raw clip from any other program, it has sound. I export the audio to AudioDirector and the sound is there. I edited the sound and sent it back to PD and neither it or the original sound will play.
Have opened previous projects that worked and no sound from those either. The only changes recently were PD's updating.
Guess I'll have to go with the tried and true Uninstall/Reinstall. See the Difference video can make with DaveCVideo!
davecvideo
[Post New]

Check the left side audio track for a box if it is marked.
Also the speaker icon below the preview is off
Right click on the audio, see if this checked Mute option, uncheck

I didn't mute the track but it was. Thank you! See the Difference video can make with DaveCVideo!