Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Constant Lag and Crashing with PD16!
DSerious [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2018 10:48 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

Please, can you help.

I have had PowerDirector 16 for just over a month but I have been experiencing constant lags and crashing.

The lags happen when I use the Power tools to increase video speed, (the playhead stops moving on a speeded-up clip) and the crashing happens randomly, even moments after I open the program up.

I uninstalled GeoForce experience, which I read about in a post on here, but this did not help.

I have tried reinstalling PowerDirector 16, but that did not work.

I am currently running Windows 10

My Processor is i7 -3630QM @240ghz

16 Gigs Ram

Nvidia Geoforce 675M

I upgraded to PowerDirector from Movavi, but I keep having to go back to Movavi as it has no issues whatsoever.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
I also came that route from Movavi but have had no issues of the like you say, similar system Intel i7 16GB Ram but only running 64bit W7.

Hope you're sorted soon as I find PD16 so much better than Movavi in many ways and could never consider going back.

Alan.
DSerious [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I also came that route from Movavi but have had no issues of the like you say, similar system Intel i7 16GB Ram but only running 64bit W7.

Hope you're sorted soon as I find PD16 so much better than Movavi in many ways and could never consider going back.

Alan.

Thank you, Alan.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I also came that route from Movavi but have had no issues of the like you say, similar system Intel i7 16GB Ram but only running 64bit W7.

Alan.

Hi

Using powertools will tax even the higher spec machines. Have you tried using shadow files. Shadow files are lower resolution files that make it easier to edit as there is less stress on the system. If you use shadow files make sure that all the yellow flags shown on each clip in the Media Room turn green before you start to edit. The higher resolution files are returned automatically on production so you dont lose any quality.

You can also have your preview screen set to a lower quality, and you can edit in Non Real-time, Note that the audio will be muted when editing in NRT.

All of these thing are designed to help a struggling PC because video editing is extremely power hungry especially when working with higher resolutions.

Try these things and see how you get on Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
DSerious [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for your help.

I will try these methods and get back to you.

The only issue I see with this is that I need my audio unmuted so that I can edit the video to audio. Is there any way around editing in Non-Real Time so that I can have my audio playing?

Thank you.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thank you for your help.

I will try these methods and get back to you.

The only issue I see with this is that I need my audio unmuted so that I can edit the video to audio. Is there any way around editing in Non-Real Time so that I can have my audio playing?

Thank you.

If audio is essential stay in real-time, but try the other suggestions.

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
DSerious,

To reduce the lag and crashing try lowering the preview resolution.

High or less will give better performance. The more things you have in enhancements the harder your computer has to work to display in real time. Lowering the preview does not affect the produced final output. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

DSerious [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi guys,

After lots of testing with different preferences ticked and unticked, I think I've solved the issue.

I unticked both Hardware Acceleration options and there is no more lag on speeded up clips.

I can even use the HD Preview and it is fine.

Thank you for your help.