Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video Clips at 60fps out of Sync with Audio
Pandemonium [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 10, 2018 12:23 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
EDIT It turns out that it's because the 60fps clip is lagging in the editor. I made adjustments, thinking the sync was off, which is why the render is different. Looks like if I don't make adjustments, it won't be out of sync after rendering. However, this creates another nightmare because I'll have to try and guess whether I'm cutting my clips at the right time. So, any suggestions for the lagging in edit? It has nothing to do with the preview quality. I've turned it all the way to the lowest setting, and the sync still gets off. The clip itself appears to be playing fine. There's no catching or glitching, it just slowly comes out of sync.

Forgive me if this has been asked to death. This issue is taking up a lot of my time and has been super frustrating to deal with.

I've been using PD for at least 2 years now, and have never had a problem, until I bought a camera that films 60fps. I've changed the settings to make the PD timeline 60fps. When I import my audio (recorded with a wireless mic) and sync it in multi-cam, everything is fine for about 10 minutes, then the audio slowly starts getting out of sync. I spend a lot of time trying to correctly this manually as I go, but it gets worse and worse. I'm editing footaget that's sometimes up to 3 hours long. This issue is compounded by the fact that the audio is even MORE out of sync after rendering. This issue doesn't happen at all when my footage is less than 60fps. In fact, I sometimes do PiP videos, and my second camera records in 29fps. That footage stays in sync with the audio, while the 60fps footage doesn't.

I don't know if it matters, but I'm using the fast video rendering Intel Quick Sync feature, and here are the settings I have for my video rendering:

Codec: MPEG-4 AVC
Bitrate: 15500000
GOP Patern: IBBPBBPBBPBBP
Frame Rate: 60
Frame Type: Progressive
Profile Type: High Profile
Entropy Coding: CABAC
Deblocking and dynamic GOP are checked
Also, I have no idea what half of these mean, lol. If I've left out any important information, let me know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 10. 2018 14:39

The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote EDIT It turns out that it's because the 60fps clip is lagging in the editor. I made adjustments, thinking the sync was off, which is why the render is different. Looks like if I don't make adjustments, it won't be out of sync after rendering. However, this creates another nightmare because I'll have to try and guess whether I'm cutting my clips at the right time. So, any suggestions for the lagging in edit? It has nothing to do with the preview quality. I've turned it all the way to the lowest setting, and the sync still gets off. The clip itself appears to be playing fine. There's no catching or glitching, it just slowly comes out of sync.

Forgive me if this has been asked to death. This issue is taking up a lot of my time and has been super frustrating to deal with.

I've been using PD for at least 2 years now, and have never had a problem, until I bought a camera that films 60fps. I've changed the settings to make the PD timeline 60fps. When I import my audio (recorded with a wireless mic) and sync it in multi-cam, everything is fine for about 10 minutes, then the audio slowly starts getting out of sync. I spend a lot of time trying to correctly this manually as I go, but it gets worse and worse. I'm editing footaget that's sometimes up to 3 hours long. This issue is compounded by the fact that the audio is even MORE out of sync after rendering. This issue doesn't happen at all when my footage is less than 60fps. In fact, I sometimes do PiP videos, and my second camera records in 29fps. That footage stays in sync with the audio, while the 60fps footage doesn't.

I don't know if it matters, but I'm using the fast video rendering Intel Quick Sync feature, and here are the settings I have for my video rendering:

Codec: MPEG-4 AVC
Bitrate: 15500000
GOP Patern: IBBPBBPBBPBBP
Frame Rate: 60
Frame Type: Progressive
Profile Type: High Profile
Entropy Coding: CABAC
Deblocking and dynamic GOP are checked
Also, I have no idea what half of these mean, lol. If I've left out any important information, let me know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Try disabling Hardware Acceleration, it may help. Also, check you have the latest patch (build 3424) https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,