Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 15 3D not working with Win 10 Fall Creators Update.
Joecrow [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 03, 2011 02:52 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Since I have installed the Win 10 FCU (1709) I have not been able to play 3D bluray disks, it was working fine before the update. In Clasic mode it will most often (60% of the time) say my hardware is not 3D capable but on a retry will play in 3D OK, also it works 100% if I select 720x1280 50hz but with a reduced screen size. In Cinema mode after a lot of flashing between a blackscreen, the gui, desktop and sometimes with the TVs 3D notification it eventually hangs and I have to hit the power button and reboot. 2D bluray and DVDs still play OK.
I know there have been issues with Nvidia GPUs but I'm currently using an AMD RX 570 with the very latest driver.
Anyone else seen this problem and/or come up with a fix???
I have opened a ticket with support but no luck so far with their suggestions Joe
Joecrow [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 03, 2011 02:52 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Since I have installed the Win 10 FCU (1709) I have not been able to play 3D bluray disks, it was working fine before the update. In Clasic mode it will most often (60% of the time) say my hardware is not 3D capable but on a retry will play in 3D OK, also it works 100% if I select 720x1280 50hz but with a reduced screen size. In Cinema mode after a lot of flashing between a blackscreen, the gui, desktop and sometimes with the TVs 3D notification it eventually hangs and I have to hit the power button and reboot. 2D bluray and DVDs still play OK.
I know there have been issues with Nvidia GPUs but I'm currently using an AMD RX 570 with the very latest driver.
Anyone else seen this problem and/or come up with a fix???
I have opened a ticket with support but no luck so far with their suggestions

3D playback with PowerDVD 15 has returned from the dead for me after updating Win 10 to 1803 (Spring update).smile

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 12. 2018 06:28

Joe