Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SVRT Won't Produce Entire Video
PureChaosX
Newbie Location: Planet Earth Joined: May 13, 2015 14:50 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
So I have an issue with SVRT that's really quite bothersome.

I recently rendered a total of 8 videos using SVRT, as I only needed to add a image to the beginning of each video, so I didn't want to spend 20 minutes erndering the entire thing.

For 5 of the videos, SVRT worked great. Rendered each 20 minute video in less than a minute with the added image at the start of the video. The other 3... SVRT only rendered the CHANGE to the video. The image lasts 5 seconds before fading into the video.
THAT is all SVRT outputs, just a 5 second video of the image.

All these videos were rendered in PD16 using the same custom profile I use for all my YouTube videos. They are no different to the other 5 videos that SVRT rendered perfectly.

While rendering, I can see that the full time of the video is being rendered as it goes from 00:00 -> 20:00, so it appears to be processing the full length of the video. But it just isn't.

I then tried SVRT on PD14 that I had installed on another PC and it did the exact same thing. This tells me the videos might be to blame, but I cannot see how when they should be completely identical (only the length is different).

Nothing has changed within PD16 as I ran the SVRT rendering one after the other, doing nothing but editing the videos.

Anyone have any ideas as to why SVRT is only outputting the changes to video rather than the entire video??

UPDATE: Have discovered something strange. nNormally, the image I place at the start of the video is crossfaded into the video that follows it. However, if I REMOVE the crossfade, SVRT renders the video in it's entireity. I have no idea why this is the case as every other video I rendered with SVRT has always had the crossfade in the same position with the same duration. ANSWERS?!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 01. 2018 17:04

Windows 10 Pro x64
MSi P45T-C51 Motherboard
Intel Core2Quad Q6600 OC'd @ 3.0GHz
6Gb RAM
nVidia EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC 2Gb
500Gb SanDisk Ultra II SSD
Western Digital Blue 500Gb HDD x2
PureChaosX
[Post New]
Soooooo... is this the kind of help I can expect for the CyberLink Community Forums? 10 months later and not a single, SINGLE reply to my request for help?

Not even so much as a "I have the same problem" reply?

Wonderful community we have here. Thank you to "everyone" who has assisted me in the matter. Windows 10 Pro x64
MSi P45T-C51 Motherboard
6Gb RAM
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Soooooo... is this the kind of help I can expect for the CyberLink Community Forums? 10 months later and not a single, SINGLE reply to my request for help?

Not even so much as a "I have the same problem" reply?

Wonderful community we have here. Thank you to "everyone" who has assisted me in the matter.

I'm not sure where the anger is coming from. Posts come and go and not all of them get traction, and a simple BUMP post if nobody has responded after a couple of days would likely have done the trick. Waiting 10 months to complain and post a sarcastic "thank you" is pretty sad.

I also can't help but notice that you have quite a selective memory when it comes to the actual help this community has provided directly to you.

Your October post about audio waveforms hardly ever working generated a solution that had eluded this entire community for years AND that Cyberlink actually addressed in the next patch,, but for some reason you somehow feel neglected.

That post started one of the most satisfying experiences I've ever had as a contributor to this forum and community, because it took the input from every single person who posted there to trigger the idea that the library was somehow involved.

Without your contribution of the role of PD HanumanSvr and what you'd seen happen with the cache folder, I wouldn't have looked at the problem the way I did and Elfgren might not have thought to post about the library behavior he saw. It's because of you that the waveform problem got the right attention, and it's the community's willingness to help that made the workaround (and eventually the official solution for 95% of the issues) a reality.

I hope you will still feel welcome here, and that you try to see that there really is a value to being part of this community.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 21. 2018 21:26

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

@PureChaosX
"Soooooo... is this the kind of help I can expect for the CyberLink Community Forums? ....Wonderful community we have here. Thank you to "everyone" who has assisted me in the matter......."

A gentle reminder that this forum is a for members to voluntarily participate to ask for, receive and give assistance or advice.

No member has an obligation to answer any topic, nor should any member have an expectation that their topic will have participants or automatically expect that answers will be forthcoming.

I also note, having reviewed your own posting history, that you rarely contribute to topics, other than your own, and that, using another account, you did have a couple of rants isolated back in 2013.

Obviously, as Optodata pointed out, a simple bump might have been the appropriate way to raise awareness, rather than the lengthy gap and then a sarcastic complaint - when the original post would be many pages back, and therefore not easy for members to access or come across.

The forum works best and is most effective when members interact politely and with respect. Being sarcastic, confrontational or aggressive will act to alienate paticipation and, as you know, may lead to getting a post or topic removed.

PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 29. 2015 17:16

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
PureChaosX
[Post New]
Optodata: No anger meant, and I'm not angry at anyone at all. I believe it's just more frustration than anything else. It doesn't seem like it, but I don't like posting these sarcastic posts just to get my frustration across. But I also don't like bumping because I feel as though I'm pushing someone elses more important post down further for my own need.

Actually, selective memory isn't too far from the truth.

It's nice of you to say that about the my waveform post, but i'm positive the community would have figured it out. The people here seem to be pretty knowledgable about PowerDirector, so I'm sure the problem wouldn't have eluded you all for too long.

Moderator Guy: Apologies for the unnecessary post. As I mentioned above, t'was frustration that 10 months had passed without any kind of reply, be it help or someone else with the same issue. I actually forgot about this post until I Googled the problem again and saw my post at the top. Then I saw how much time had passed since.

In all fairness, I do not have much knowledge of PowerDirector, hence a lack of replies on other peoples posts. I don't have anything to add to the community as I'm still learning PowerDirector. Otherwise I'd be more than happy to try and help out others providing I had some useful information.

Sincere apologies to the CyberLink Community for my little... tantrum. Windows 10 Pro x64
MSi P45T-C51 Motherboard
6Gb RAM
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Optodata: ...
It's nice of you to say that about the my waveform post, but i'm positive the community would have figured it out. The people here seem to be pretty knowledgable about PowerDirector, so I'm sure the problem wouldn't have eluded you all for too long.

My thanks for your post is genuine, and if you reread the thread you'll see that Jl_JL accurately summarized the situation as it stood on Oct 17 - that no reliable/consistent user workarounds had ever been posted - and this was after several years of attempts by the most experienced members of this forum and by Cyberlink's engineers to find a way to repoduce the problem in a way that it could finally get resolved.

Solely because of your post with all the details you brought to the community, I had a new target which led me to dive deeply into the situation in a way I couldn't have done before. Then, more community contributions and testing resulted in the discovery of first reliable workaround ever for this issue, followed by a program update that has solved the issue in probably 95% of the cases.

So as I see it, you are a helpful member of a committed, vibrant and engaged community where everyone benefits from each other's involvement.

I also hope you'll see that asking for help is why the community exists in the first place, and that there's nothing wrong with asking again if your initial request doesn't get a timely answer. After all, that's why we're here!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°