Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
how to remove empty time at the end?
and-power [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2018 23:34 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
i am editing multiple clips in the timeline
project is 1 minute 10 seconds, when i save it is 2 minutes 2 seconds
i go back to timeline and right click on "remove empty tracks", still 2 minutes 2 seconds
i play it on the screen and for 52 seconds its black screen???
PeterGDZ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 22, 2018 12:14 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
How long is your audio/music track ? Peter
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote How long is your audio/music track ?

Sounds like you have a rogue clip somewhere. Highlight the tracks and press the "end" key. It will take you to the last part of your project. If there is an odd bit at the end this will find it. The rogue may be very narrow so expand your timeline.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 27. 2018 06:27

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]

Sounds like you have a rogue clip somewhere. Highlight the tracks and press the "end" key. It will take you to the last part of your project. If there is an odd bit at the end this will find it. The rogue may be very narrow so expand your timeline.

Sorry. There is no need to highlight the track - just press the "end" key. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
The Shadowman
[Post New]

Sorry. There is no need to highlight the track - just press the "end" key.

One other thing.

If you pressed "end" and the scrubber jumps to a place you believe to be the end and nothing is discovered. At that point look in tracks below and out of sight. Removing empty tracks will not remove a track that has a very small item in it. Don't forget to expand the timeline. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Also be sure you have selected Movie mode before pressing the "End" key. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
So thats what you call them.....rogue clips. They drove me nutty when I first started editing. I didnt know to hit end though. Thats good advise. I was expanding the timeline and looking for the slivers to emerge..... ____________________________________

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,