Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Won't open
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
This morning I downloaded the trial version P2G. Everything installed ok.
I wanted to burn some music copied from a CD to a folder in my music file.
Many problems with it. When I click on the dekstop icon sometimes it will say my trial version has expired and gives me the Buy Now window. Sometimes it will open and I get the Initializing the burn engine window. Sometimes it opens the full screen and sometimes it closes.
If I'm successful to get it to open, when I click on Music Disc it says my version doesn't support that function.
If I click on Data Disc, it neve opens. All I get is a grey screen with the "rotating donut" and everything freezes. I have to use Task Manager to get P2G to close.
I"m using an HP desktop wih Intel i7, quad core, 3.60GHz, 10 GB memory, 1 TB HDD, running Win 7 64. I used Chrome to download the software.
Any ideas why I'm having these problems. If you need additional info, please let me know. I'm inclulding my dxdiag in case you need it as well as a couple snips of what I am getting.
[Thumb - power 2 go.PNG]
 Filename
power 2 go.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
[Thumb - power 2 go 2.PNG]
 Filename
power 2 go 2.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
52 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
53 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
321 time(s)
Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This morning I downloaded the trial version P2G. Everything installed ok.
Many problems with it. When I click on the dekstop icon sometimes it will say my trial version has expired and gives me the Buy Now window. Sometimes it will open and I get the Initializing the burn engine window. Sometimes it opens the full screen and sometimes it closes.
If I'm successful to get it to open, when I click on Music Disc it says my version doesn't support that function.
If I click on Data Disc, it neve opens. All I get is a grey screen with the "rotating donut" and everything freezes. I have to use Task Manager to get P2G to close.
I"m using an HP desktop wih Intel i7, quad core, 3.60GHz, 10 GB memory, 1 TB HDD, running Win 7 64. I used Chrome to download the software.
Any ideas why I'm having these problems. If you need additional info, please let me know. I'm inclulding my dxdiag in case you need it as well as a couple snips of what I am getting.

Let me guess,
What if you remove the disc in your burner or ODD first then launch P2G? will it become normal?
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]

Let me guess,
What if you remove the disc in your burner or ODD first then launch P2G? will it become normal?

Thanks sumerj for your replyl.
It was a download, no disc available. Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]

Let me guess,

Thanks sumerj for your replyl.
It was a download, no disc available.

>>When I click on the dekstop icon sometimes it will say my trial version has expired and gives me the Buy Now window.
Not sure which P2G version you downloaded, but if you just want to try burn music files, I think you can download another version of p2g trial to try, say P2G v10 or v9.

>>If I click on Data Disc, it neve opens. All I get is a grey screen with the "rotating donut" and everything freezes.
So, at this timing, is there any optical disc in your burner/reader? if yes, how about remove it first?
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your new response.
I'm going to mark it as my answer. The reason is the prolem is my computer.
For some reason, a Restore to an earlie time failed and as a result I do not have access to my desktop. So, starting tomorrow I am goimg to do a system restoral. After that, I will try it again. Not to worry. Backed-up my files.
Again, thanls for your assistance. Jack