Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Photo montage in PD 16
S Benjamin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 02, 2017 14:01 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
I am switching from Pinnacle to PD 16. One of the features I like in Pinnacle was the photo montage selections where I could just drag pictures in. The video montage function is close but not the same, are there presets for PD for pictures that are an easy drag and drop?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi S Benjamin -

The Montage option in Pinnacle Studio is pretty much the same as the Theme Designer templates. There are opening, middle & ending sequences for a range of styles of templates.

You'll find it similar to use... select the template sequence & drop your photos or videos into the place holders.

Other similar features in PDR are Express Projects & Slideshow Designer.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 12. 2018 21:28

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
S Benjamin [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi S Benjamin -

The Montage option in Pinnacle Studio is pretty much the same as the Theme Designer templates. There are opening, middle & ending sequences for a range of styles of templates.

You'll find it similar to use... select the template sequence & drop your photos or videos into the place holders.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony, I will give it a shot, that seems to be the only thing thats keeps me from loving PD much more than Pinnacle.
S Benjamin [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi S Benjamin -

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony, I will give it a shot, that seems to be the only thing thats keeps me from loving PD much more than Pinnacle.

I went to theme designer and only have 1 option. I looked on the Director zone but didn't see anything to download, where else can I find themes? Thanks for your time on this.
Scott
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
That can only mean, I think, that you haven't installed the Contents Packs provided with your installation files.

You're probably also missing lots of other templates too... titles, particles, menus, style templates, express projects etc.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
S Benjamin [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote That can only mean, I think, that you haven't installed the Contents Packs provided with your installation files.

You're probably also missing lots of other templates too... titles, particles, menus, style templates, express projects etc.

Cheers - Tony

Once again thanks for your time. You are right about the install, I just loaded an install disk on another computer and it had more templates. I still can't find anything with a clear background like the Pinnacle montages. I would like to show the video behind the pictures as they are animated on and off the screen. Thanks again.
Scott