Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do you spin pictures / videos?
JamieA660 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2017 07:37 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

How do you create a spinning logo? So it looks like a coin spinning on a table, not rotating like a wheel.

Client wants their logo to spin 180 degrees while zooming out so the whole effect will look like a spinning coin moving away. 3 second clip is all, but I can't figure out how to do it and all I can find is someone rotating a flat image.

Running PD16 ultimate.

Cheers

J
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi all,

How do you create a spinning logo? So it looks like a coin spinning on a table, not rotating like a wheel.

Client wants their logo to spin 180 degrees while zooming out so the whole effect will look like a spinning coin moving away. 3 second clip is all, but I can't figure out how to do it and all I can find is someone rotating a flat image.

Running PD16 ultimate.

Cheers

J
Have you seen this tutorial? It is from 2012.

Rotating Logo Globes in PowerDirector

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 11. 2018 15:57

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi JamieA660 -

Here's half the idea...

You can use a 3D-Like title template, with the logo added as the texture fill. Using Wingdings font & typing "n", you'll get a circle. If you use 3D Spin Horizontal as your starting and ending effects, you'll have a spinning disc.

The reason it's only half the idea is that you cannot keyframe 3D-like titles to create the zoom you're after. There probably is a way to do that, but I haven't stumbled on it yet.

Here's an example of a spinning disc with a logo planted on it. You can modify that one, if you like.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
JamieA660 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi all,

Running PD16 ultimate.

Cheers

J
Have you seen this tutorial? It is from 2012.

Rotating Logo Globes in PowerDirector

Thanks very much, I’ll have a look

J
JamieA660 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi JamieA660 -

Here's half the idea...

You can use a 3D-Like title template, with the logo added as the texture fill. Using Wingdings font & typing "n", you'll get a circle. If you use 3D Spin Horizontal as your starting and ending effects, you'll have a spinning disc.

The reason it's only half the idea is that you cannot keyframe 3D-like titles to create the zoom you're after. There probably is a way to do that, but I haven't stumbled on it yet.

Here's an example of a spinning disc with a logo planted on it. You can modify that one, if you like.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks, Tony, I’ll give it a go

J