Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
switching computers
chrisa770 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 08, 2016 10:37 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I currently have Power Director 16, Photo Director 8, and Color Director. They are registered. I am having problems with my computer and wondering if I lose these files on my computer how I can get the programs on another computer. Will I need another activation code, etc. Thanks.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I currently have Power Director 16, Photo Director 8, and Color Director. They are registered. I am having problems with my computer and wondering if I lose these files on my computer how I can get the programs on another computer. Will I need another activation code, etc. Thanks.
As long as you have the original installation files you can install on the new computer. You do not need a new product code. The Cyberlink user agreement states one computer, if you remove the product from the old computer, you are OK.

If you have a Downloaded product be sure that you have saved the downloaded files to an external storage. (USB hard drive is best). Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

chrisa770 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I currently have Power Director 16, Photo Director 8, and Color Director. They are registered. I am having problems with my computer and wondering if I lose these files on my computer how I can get the programs on another computer. Will I need another activation code, etc. Thanks.
As long as you have the original installation files you can install on the new computer. You do not need a new product code. The Cyberlink user agreement states one computer, if you remove the product from the old computer, you are OK.

If you have a Downloaded product be sure that you have saved the downloaded files to an external storage. (USB hard drive is best).

Thanks for the reply. I thought it could be on only one computer. Delving deeper, what if I cannot remove the programs from the computer if the screen goes bad? Will taking it off line suffice? Or, must I get into the hard drive and uninstall somehow? Thanks again for your input!
Myk
Senior Member Location: The Hartland of Michigan Joined: Feb 05, 2015 16:09 Messages: 205 Offline
[Post New]
Remove the HD from the old computer, and connect it to the new one. Hopefully (if the drive works) you can copy files to the new machine's drive. Programs will have to be reinstalled to the new computer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 09. 2018 11:46

Never, under any circumstances, combine a laxative and sleeping pill on the same night.

PowerSpec G310
ASRock Extreme 6 A85X
AMD A10 6800K Quad Core Processor 4.1GHz
16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
EVGA GTX960 Super OC GPU
Windows 7 Pro
chrisa770 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Remove the HD from the old computer, and connect it to the new one. Hopefully (if the drive works) you can copy files to the new machine's drive. Programs will have to be reinstalled to the new computer.

Sounds like a solid plan. I just have to make sure whoever works on the laptop saves the files. Thanks a bunch.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Remove the HD from the old computer, and connect it to the new one. Hopefully (if the drive works) you can copy files to the new machine's drive. Programs will have to be reinstalled to the new computer.

Sounds like a solid plan. I just have to make sure whoever works on the laptop saves the files. Thanks a bunch.
On many laptop computer's there is a Hard Drive mount that is easy to remove. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.