Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio mixing room can't set volume to 2
mightynifty [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2016 21:57 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I've been using the audio mixing room for setting volumes on all of my tracks, but what I've found is that there doesn't seem to be a way to set the volume level manually. I typically work with loud audio tracks, many of which are cut into pieces (so I can't just use WaveEditor or something like that without doing it for every single audio file). The issue is that with many of the tracks I've noticed that there's a big difference between setting the audio to a volume level of 1 vs setting it to 3. The issue comes with that sweet spot, since dragging the slider doesn't seem to allow me to set it to 2. Is there a way to manually set the slider or fix the error?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi mightynifty -

Setting the audio gain to +2.0dB is easy in Wave Editor or AudioDirector. In PDR, even if you type +2.0 it (visually at least) jumps to +1.9. Beats me why - just an annoying limitation. Same thing happens for any +/- value ending with .0 - it'll jump to .9 or .1

Wouldn't it make more sense to make that adjustmennt in WE or ADR before splitting your clips?

Not sure I understand why you'd want to boost them if they're "loud" audio tracks...

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
mightynifty [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi mightynifty -

Setting the audio gain to +2.0dB is easy in Wave Editor or AudioDirector. In PDR, even if you type +2.0 it (visually at least) jumps to +1.9. Beats me why - just an annoying limitation. Same thing happens for any +/- value ending with .0 - it'll jump to .9 or .1

Wouldn't it make more sense to make that adjustmennt in WE or ADR before splitting your clips?

Not sure I understand why you'd want to boost them if they're "loud" audio tracks...

Cheers - Tony

I don't think you understood the issue. I record voiceovers. I can't do it in one take for obvious reasons. I then go into the audio editor and raise that volume. Then I add music (sometimes many tracks or repeats of tracks) that need to be lowered so that the voice over isn't overshadowed. I've attached a picture of the issue.
[Thumb - Untitled-1.png]
 Filename
Untitled-1.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
125 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
There's a good reason I didn't completely understand.

Perhaps you'd be better off using the horizontal slider to adjust the gain for each track. Screenshot attached. Again, it's a bit imprecise.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Track Audio Gain.png]
 Filename
Track Audio Gain.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
95 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
mightynifty [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote There's a good reason I didn't completely understand.

Perhaps you'd be better off using the horizontal slider to adjust the gain for each track. Screenshot attached. Again, it's a bit imprecise.

Cheers - Tony

Yes, that's the issue. The slider can't be set to 2. It's literally impossible with a mouse so I was asking if there's a way to set it manually. If not, I was making the dev team aware of the glitch for future patches or versions.