Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to change the PD16 dark skin to a clear one?
RTorra [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 06, 2017 07:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

I'm Jordi my father have a low vision and have no chance to work properly on the version 16 because the black interface.

There's a option to change the skin? We tried to found this option but we don't find it.

All the best.

Jordi.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 06. 2017 11:33

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi all,

I'm Jordi my father have a low vision and have no chance to work properly on the version 16 because the black interface.

There's a option to change the skin? We tried to found this option but we don't find it.

All the best.

Jordi.
There is no option to change the Powerdirector skin. By the way, all Powerdirector versions have the same dark interface.

There were some very early versions of Powerdirector with a light color interface, about version 3. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
I know three video editors:

PowerDirector
Pinnacle Studio 21
Davinci Resolve 14

None of them offers a light skin. Sorry. The only light skinned video editor I know is the one from the Nero 18 package. (Nero Video). Maybe it is good enough?

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Roxio (Corel) has a light color backgound also. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
milos1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Slovakia Joined: Sep 06, 2011 15:49 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
A few days ago I upgraded to PD 16 from version 11 and was suprised of dark interface. PD11 is much lighter and I like it more than pd16 dark interface. It´s a pitty that we can not change the colour of skin, like it is f.e. in Steinberg Cubase, I work with. I am 57 and had problems with dark interface too , I am getting used to it but PD 11 was better for me.

Milos,

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 07. 2017 18:47

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Just a couple of thoughts...

In PhotoDirector, the background colour can be set from Light Grey to Black. CDR can be set from Light Grey to Dark Grey. Not ADR or PDR. Maybe because of PDR's more complex interface???

Someone who was clever, with a bit of time on their hands, could probably do it...

At C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector16\skin there's a zip file containing a pile of .xml & graphic files. It would be a mammoth task, but the graphics and .xml files could be edited. This one is the timeline background colour > edited.

""

Yep - I'll put that down as one of the silliest ideas I've ever had.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
RTorra [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 06, 2017 07:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
First of all, thank you all for your feedback.

My father have also versions of Pinnacle which he can manage enough to work on it but recently he descovered PowerDirector included on one PC Video Capturer he bought a few weeks for improve the quality of some old VHS, is the version 10 of PowerDirector ( magic fix blocked).

He found some usefull tools on it so he decides to spent his money for the last version. But unlucky he don't found the same interface. In PW10 the skin it's no tottally dark, some window parts of timeline or library have grey background which is a bit more lighty than version 16 which is totally black.

My father on his old days was a programmer (Clipper- his software had two diferent colour presets) now it's retired but also he know a few notions of Windows and knows it's not too difficult set a diferent presets on a same program.

In my opinion if any program don't have any way to set at least two colour configs it's why they don't keep in mind the whole people who can suffer low vision, which in my opinion is sad.

Ps. Will see what I can improve through xml files.

Greetings.

Jordi.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 07. 2017 00:40

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

A good few years ago I did change various parts of the PD skin, particularly the timeline colours with selected and unselected audio and video being different from the original, the scrubber colour and size and a few others. In essence I concentrated on replacing the appropriate graphics with my own. I recall some difficulty in getting the differing sections of the workspace to reliably change for whatever reason.

I haven’t traced the graphic files yet and they may be lost or even no longer applicable, but some alterations can be achieved. I never got the audio waveform to generate in any other colour tho’!

One of the issues I encountered was the logistical one of ensuring all the custom graphics are somehow retained when the program was updated. Perhaps editing the xml files might be the path to explore?

Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.