Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ColorDirector not launching or appearing in PowerDirector
P McJehu [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 02, 2015 07:32 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Can't get ColorDirector to launch from PD under fix/enhance. The button shows, clicking says not installed.

Then button disappeared, did a re-install, still can't get it to launch. AudioDirector is linked and works.

Launching from start menu opens it, but not what I need in project.

After some use of PD, the ColorDirector button has simply disappeared again. Not having used the suite before I'm under the impression that I should be able to take a project between these editors seamlesly.

Running Win 7 64

Thanks
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
What versions of ColorDirector and PowerDirector do you have? Where did you get them?

Please post the text file from the dxdiag.exe evaluation of your computer. There is no personal information except for what you called your computer. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
P McJehu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote What versions of ColorDirector and PowerDirector do you have? Where did you get them?

Please post the text file from the dxdiag.exe evaluation of your computer. There is no personal information except for what you called your computer.

Thanks for the quick response.

I purchased/downloaded the Ult Suite PD16/CD 6 from CL.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
42 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
327 time(s)
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Can't get ColorDirector to launch from PD under fix/enhance. The button shows, clicking says not installed.

Then button disappeared, did a re-install, still can't get it to launch. AudioDirector is linked and works.

Launching from start menu opens it, but not what I need in project.

After some use of PD, the ColorDirector button has simply disappeared again. Not having used the suite before I'm under the impression that I should be able to take a project between these editors seamlesly.

Running Win 7 64

Thanks

Hi P McJehu
I had a similar problem where ColorDirector wouldn't launch at all, loading the latest GFX card drivers fixed this for me. Well, it did the first time it happened. The second time I came across this, there was a corrupt file in Win10 system and I had to reload Win 10. It all works now. ...... so far !
Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
P McJehu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Can't get ColorDirector to launch from PD under fix/enhance. The button shows, clicking says not installed.

Hi P McJehu
I had a similar problem where ColorDirector wouldn't launch at all, loading the latest GFX card drivers fixed this for me. Well, it did the first time it happened. The second time I came across this, there was a corrupt file in Win10 system and I had to reload Win 10. It all works now. ...... so far !
Cheers

After the update I did notice a better performance. But I still cannot port a project out of PD into CD. No button appears at all now.
I've been extremely frustrated with this 16 experience. 4K can crash this so fast I have to reduce resolution to get any editing done.
I did go through to check drivers, I'm on Win 7 64 but I'll go through again and see if I can find something. My vid card is almost legacy but it's worked till now. I've wondered if upgrading the video would help, but I thought I saw postings that Nvidia still isn't supported for acceleration.
Did you do a complete Windows reinstall? Ugh. I'm not sure I'm up to that.
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]

Hi P McJehu
Cheers

After the update I did notice a better performance. But I still cannot port a project out of PD into CD. No button appears at all now.
I've been extremely frustrated with this 16 experience. 4K can crash this so fast I have to reduce resolution to get any editing done.
I did go through to check drivers, I'm on Win 7 64 but I'll go through again and see if I can find something. My vid card is almost legacy but it's worked till now. I've wondered if upgrading the video would help, but I thought I saw postings that Nvidia still isn't supported for acceleration.
Did you do a complete Windows reinstall? Ugh. I'm not sure I'm up to that.

Hello,
Did you try to reinstall CD from CL? If not, contact the support and ask them to have a link available for a new download. Maybe you also need to redownload PD?
I had several problems with CD not appearing anymore and these redownloads helped me out.
Let us know.
Success!
Alain II
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Hi P McJehu
Not sure what is happening to this thread, I've already replied a few times but the replies have vanished! Now all the other replies are loading, one inside the another!
I reloaded Win 10 from an ISO disc, I had to a complete re-install, was easy to do and wasn't too paintfull. You just have to make sure all your personal files are backed onto a seperate drive, not on the C drive or where ever you boot from.
I always get a CD backup of all Cyberlink progs, including ColorDirector, that way it's easy to reinstall. If you don't have a back up CD, then go to your Cyberlink log in and you'll find your order online, just download again. Failing that, get in touch with Cyberlink and they'll send you the info again.
Good luck
Dave F. I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
P McJehu [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Dave.
I do have back ups, it's just such a pain.
Still waiting for cpd to respond to my questions. On the plus side pd is behaving better.
Kyle 40
[Post New]

Quote Thanks Dave.
I do have back ups, it's just such a pain.
Still waiting for cpd to respond to my questions. On the plus side pd is behaving better.

Hi P McJehu
You're right, there's always at least one password and one file you've lost. If you do it often enough it's less painfull. Has made me think about using the "Cloud" for more files storage innocent
That sounds like a step in the right direction.
hope you manage to resolve your problem soon and have a Happy New Yearsmile I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.