Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What Graphics Card to Get
rdailey4 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2010 19:05 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I have an HP Pavillion e9290f desktop running an Intel Core I7 920, with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260, and with 16Gb of Ram. I want to upgrade my graphics card without spending a lot of money. Might edit some 4K in the future. I know there are a lot of you who know a lot about the right specs for PD15 and hope you can guide me in the right direction. Thanks in advance
tworivetinggamers [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 30, 2017 22:37 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have an HP Pavillion e9290f desktop running an Intel Core I7 920, with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260, and with 16Gb of Ram. I want to upgrade my graphics card without spending a lot of money. Might edit some 4K in the future. I know there are a lot of you who know a lot about the right specs for PD15 and hope you can guide me in the right direction. Thanks in advance

I dont think you need a better video card more than you would a better CPU for 4K editing. If your not a gamer I would upgrade to the core i7 8700k before looking at a GPU. I run a GTX 1080ti but I game and while it does make rendering slightly faster but I dont believe it effects the timeline editing. But the 6-cores from the i7 will help in both areas. Correct me if im wrong.
rdailey4 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2010 19:05 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have an HP Pavillion e9290f desktop running an Intel Core I7 920, with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260, and with 16Gb of Ram. I want to upgrade my graphics card without spending a lot of money. Might edit some 4K in the future. I know there are a lot of you who know a lot about the right specs for PD15 and hope you can guide me in the right direction. Thanks in advance

I dont think you need a better video card more than you would a better CPU for 4K editing. If your not a gamer I would upgrade to the core i7 8700k before looking at a GPU. I run a GTX 1080ti but I game and while it does make rendering slightly faster but I dont believe it effects the timeline editing. But the 6-cores from the i7 will help in both areas. Correct me if im wrong.

I'm sure you are probably right, however, to upgrade the CPU would, in many cases, require a new motherboard and memory, which would require more money that I have available. I may have to just save up a little longer. Thanks.