Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Keyframe mouse adjustment gone in PD16?
Ellemieke [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2009 16:54 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I recently upgraded to PD16, but now when adding a music track, I no longer have the ability to add a keyframe to the sound track, or adjust volume per keyframe with the mouse cursor. Am I missing something here? Please advise. Thanks!
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I recently upgraded to PD16, but now when adding a music track, I no longer have the ability to add a keyframe to the sound track, or adjust volume per keyframe with the mouse cursor. Am I missing something here? Please advise. Thanks!

Cyberlink made several major changes in PD16 audio functions. It doesn't work the same as PD15. I'm trying to find a good tutorial on it.

Also look at audio ducking if that is what you are after (relative volume of several audio tracks). .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ellemieke -

This had me baffled at first, too, until other forum members set me straight.

In PDR16, you need to hold down the Ctrl key to set audio keyframes in the timeline. Screenshot from relevant help file attached.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Mixing Audio In-Track.png]
 Filename
Mixing Audio In-Track.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
168 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
15 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!