Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dual Preview on a Three Screen PC
PeterCyLk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2017 17:16 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I've just purchased PD16 and am trying the Dual Preview option. I have three screens, two at 1980 x 1200 and one at 1280 x 1024, all attached to an NVidia graphics card, which sees the larger screens as 1 and 2 with the smaller screen recognised as screen 3.

I have PD16 running on my main desktop screen, screen 1, but when I enable Dual Preview the preview appears on the small screen, screen 3, rather than the larger screen 2, which is what I want.

Can anyone tell me how to force Dual Preview to use the larger screen 2 instead of automatically picking the smaller screen 3?

Thanks, Peter
Paul1945
Contributor Location: South Africa Joined: Apr 12, 2014 14:11 Messages: 327 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Peter

I think you have to Try Windows 10 settings .....

Paul
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
Depending on the Win 10 settings, you should be able to just grab the preview window and drag it to the other monitor. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
PeterCyLk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Paul,

What settings do you have in mind? So far, the only way I have found is to disable the third screen, enable the feature in PD and then to reenable the third screen

Regards, Peter
PeterCyLk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Depending on the Win 10 settings, you should be able to just grab the preview window and drag it to the other monitor.

Hi GG,

Unfortunatley there is nothing to grab because the picture occupies the whole of the screen and there is no Windows border to grab...

Regards, Peter
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Depending on the Win 10 settings, you should be able to just grab the preview window and drag it to the other monitor.

Hi GG,

Unfortunatley there is nothing to grab because the picture occupies the whole of the screen and there is no Windows border to grab...

Regards, Peter
Right click on the Preview and select UNDOCK. You then will have a window that can be dragged. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
PeterCyLk [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi GG,

Regards, Peter
Right click on the Preview and select UNDOCK. You then will have a window that can be dragged.

Thanks Gary, this was the answer, the preview is now on my second screen!

Regards, Peter