Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhotoDirector 8 has stopped working ( again! ) in Win 10
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Photo Director has been behaving itself now for many months and then it has just stopped working ( again!)

Uninstalled the prog, reloaded the prog again and it still won't load past a few seconds of the splash screen.

The last time I had a similar problem, I had to download the latest Nvidia driver, I now 378.49.

I've now just downloaded PhotoDirector 9 to see if I can get that to work with the latest Nvida driver, fingerts crossed !

Any thoughts please ....

Cheers

Dave F. I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote PhotoDirector has been behaving itself now for many months and then it has just stopped working ( again!)

Uninstalled the prog, reloaded the prog again and it still won't load past a few seconds of the splash screen.

The last time I had a similar problem, I had to download the latest Nvidia driver, I now 378.49.

I've now just downloaded PhotoDirector 9 to see if I can get that to work with the latest Nvida driver, fingerts crossed !

Any thoughts please ....

Cheers

Dave F.

Well I tried to run with PhotoDirector 9 and just the same thing has happened, a second or two of the splash screen then nothing at all. !

I now enclose a DX file.

Any help or suggestions would helpfull.

It's getting rather late in my part of the planet so I'm signing off now, thanks for stopping by.

Dave F.
 Filename
DxDiag-PhotoDirectorNot Working.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Dxfile PhotoDirector 9 not working
 Filesize
71 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
318 time(s)
I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Look at all the nvidia error messages at the end of the dxdiag.exe file. Perhaps go back to an earlier version of the driver.

also

I sound like a broken record but the Fall W10 update has screwed up a lot of people. You might also want to roll back Windows 10 to an earlier version. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote Look at all the nvidia error messages at the end of the dxdiag.exe file. Perhaps go back to an earlier version of the driver.

also

I sound like a broken record but the Fall W10 update has screwed up a lot of people. You might also want to roll back Windows 10 to an earlier version.

Hi Stevek

I'll give your suggestions a work out.

Cheers

Dave F. I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
[Post New]
Quote Look at all the nvidia error messages at the end of the dxdiag.exe file. Perhaps go back to an earlier version of the driver.

also

I sound like a broken record but the Fall W10 update has screwed up a lot of people. You might also want to roll back Windows 10 to an earlier version.

HELP!
I'm new here. Yes, the Fall Windows 10 update messed up all of my programs... EVEN MS Word! Adobe PS, and all my Cyberlink.
I've been in touch with Cyberlink tech ppl since Dec 2017... basically wanted me to do techie stuff on my PC. :O

Then they instructed me to UNINSTALL PHOTODIRECTOR 8 and reinstall.

But I can't find PD 8 anywhere on there website!

I even bought the extended warranty stuff to allow me to dnload my software multiple times.

I am beginning to the the tech dept. closed down. I have heard from no one in the company for over a week.

I even looked for a phone # and saw that if you want to speak to a person you have to pay $$$.
I am so upset and frustated. They told me to uninstall and now I can't get my product back.
All their links they sent are broken or fwd me to buy the "new #9" ... I just bought this Media suite 15 in Sept. 2017.

Hope someone can help me because Cyberlink does not

Thanks, Goldenlvr Goldenlvr
Kyle 40
[Post New]

also

HELP!
I'm new here. Yes, the Fall Windows 10 update messed up all of my programs... EVEN MS Word! Adobe PS, and all my Cyberlink.
I've been in touch with Cyberlink tech ppl since Dec 2017... basically wanted me to do techie stuff on my PC. :O

Then they instructed me to UNINSTALL PHOTODIRECTOR 8 and reinstall.

But I can't find PD 8 anywhere on there website!

I even bought the extended warranty stuff to allow me to dnload my software multiple times.

I am beginning to the the tech dept. closed down. I have heard from no one in the company for over a week.

I even looked for a phone # and saw that if you want to speak to a person you have to pay $$$.
I am so upset and frustated. They told me to uninstall and now I can't get my product back.
All their links they sent are broken or fwd me to buy the "new #9" ... I just bought this Media suite 15 in Sept. 2017.

Hope someone can help me because Cyberlink does not

Thanks, Goldenlvr

Hi Goldenlvr, welcome to our Forum

The Win FAll update was a real "pig" to a lot of people. I personall i found that "Rolling Back" my PC wasn't the answer, I had to re-install Windows and all software! Wasn't as bad as it sounds, just took a bit of time to sort it out just make sure that ALL your data is back up on a seperate drive.

Back to your particualr isssue with Cyberlink. In the past when I've had to re-install any Cyberlink progs and the original links to my purchase have timed out, I got in touch with the Sales department via the link on the Cyberlink website. Usually got a reply within a few days. I never found the need to phone them over this situation.
I know it's abit late for your particular situation but I've now learnt to buy a back up CD when I upgrade my software just to make sure that I can easily reload the software. The extra few pounds is well worth the effort!

Cheers

Dave I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.