Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDVD 17 : HDR videos play fine but I have no audio (kaby lake PC)
albain [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2012 11:28 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have no audio while playing HDR videos (or ticking HDR enhancements for regular videos)
I have downloaded tests videos : they play correctly in windows 10 native player (windows fall update which supports HEVC hdr) but in PowerDVD I have no audio (whereas the video is displayed correctly in hdr).
As soon as I play a non HDR video the audio is played correctly (whatever format it is : AC3, dolby atmos...)

I have a beebox-s kaby lake 7100 CPU with the latest intel drivers (4815)

One more thing : if I install 4678 intel graphics drivers the audio plays fine but the video is laggy so I'd rather stick to the latest intel drivers.
I also tried to disable hd audio bitstream in the audio settings (hdmi 2.0a output connected to Marantz 4K receiver then to LG oled 4K TV) with no luck. Basically beebox-s is just an intel kaby lake NUC in another case

Thank you
Hicham_B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jun 09, 2015 04:02 Messages: 1347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi albain,

Please contact directly our support team for this purpose.
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp

Greetings,
Hicham Technical support:
EN: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
DE: https://de.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
FR: https://fr.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
ES: https://es.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
mikehin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 27, 2017 22:00 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same issue with

asrock Z370m itx / ac and I3 8100 CPU. HDMI connected to a pioneer Atmos receiver PowerDvd 17 will not play UHD audio after upgrade from Powerdvd 14 UHD playback version

When I uninstall everything, Install Power DVD 14, it works again. However, my tv was turned off on accident and it has seemed to break the HDCP Chain and now I cant get audio back.

I have also posted this in the Power dvd other version forum.
albain [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi all,

I received THE right answer from ASRock support. The solution also resolved another person owning an Intel NUC (also kaby lake).

The solution is to replace CLADR.ax file with another one which fixes the problem.

I don't know if I am allowed to share this file so please Cyberlink share the patch officially, meanwhile PM me

After replacing the file, the audio works fine for 4K HDR files

Damien

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 28. 2017 12:12

mikehin [Avatar]
[Post New]
I can verify the result worked as Albain posted.
LordX [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2017 05:33 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello!

I also have the same problem. No audio when switching to HDR... I'm running Asrock ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX with i7-7700 CPU using the internal 630 GPU. It never works with latest Intel drivers but it has worked a few times with older Intel drivers from this spring but extremely unreliable.

Where can I get the CLADR.ax file? I would like to test it.

Johan
mikehin [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello!

I also have the same problem. No audio when switching to HDR... I'm running Asrock ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX with i7-7700 CPU using the internal 630 GPU. It never works with latest Intel drivers but it has worked a few times with older Intel drivers from this spring but extremely unreliable.

Where can I get the CLADR.ax file? I would like to test it.

Johan

Pm sent
LordX [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2017 05:33 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello again!

Thanks for the help! I can also confirm that it seems to work ok with the fix.

I have had some crashes when switching from fullscreen (HDR) to windowed mode (did not happen before the fix) but it is much better to have sound

/Johan
mikehin [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello again!

I have had some crashes when switching from fullscreen (HDR) to windowed mode (did not happen before the fix) but it is much better to have sound

/Johan

I don't have that issue but I am not running full hdr either. I will have to see when I get my z370 fatality board to see if this occurs.
lostagain [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 08, 2016 07:47 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello again!

/Johan

I don't have that issue but I am not running full hdr either. I will have to see when I get my z370 fatality board to see if this occurs.

wouldn't mind a PM also if possible please
mikehin [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello again!

/Johan

wouldn't mind a PM also if possible please

Hi, I dont know if this will do anything but I have As Rock Looking into this problem. WIthout having any info from you Motherboardboard using, bios number, what version of windows and Powerdvd etc, they wont know which boards needs to be addressed. At this stage we dont know if it an Asrock issue or a POWERDVD issue but my gut tells me its a As rock issue since the original download for the cladr.ax file supposedly came from ASRock's HQ.

So could you post this stuff so it will help all involved. Thx
albain [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi all,

this is definitely a cyberlink issue and not ASRock as HDR is working fine with native Windows player in the last Windows 10 update.

Also the problem affects Intel NUCs too.

Here is the fix as I receiveid no satisfying answer from cyberlink support :

Cyberlink has advised us to try the following temporary

1. Get the CLADR.zip from the following link
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akg407Jlpix9oGWyUGxKvVPXJF15[/size]

2. Unzip the CLADR.zip, then replace the CLADR.ax file in the following path (based on PowerDVD 17 Ultra):

C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\Common\

3. There is a side effect that the volume would be set to 0 everytime PowerDVD switches to exclusive mode to play UHD BD. Please adjust the volume to play the sound.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 31. 2017 15:06

[Post New]
Quote Hi all,

this is definitely a cyberlink issue and not ASRock as HDR is working fine with native Windows player in the last Windows 10 update.

2. Unzip the CLADR.zip, then replace the CLADR.ax file in the following path (based on PowerDVD 17 Ultra):

3. There is a side effect that the volume would be set to 0 everytime PowerDVD switches to exclusive mode to play UHD BD. Please adjust the volume to play the sound.

Did not help me. Still no pass through of ATMOS to my Samsung HW-K950 Sound Bar
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi all,

I don't think powerdvd supports Dolby ATMOS passthrough or playback.
It does not regard this HDR audio problem.
mikehin [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi all,

I don't think powerdvd supports Dolby ATMOS passthrough or playback.
It does not regard this HDR audio problem.

Hoe do you day they don't support it? Works fine once that cladrx file is placed in the right section. It' a work around but at least it solves an issue tIL they get hdr straightened out.
[Post New]
This problem doesn't resolved with new Updates PowerDVD 17 to build 2316
I have gotten no sound on all the Ultra HD discs by Sony that I have tried to playback i3 7100T + AsRock Z270 ITX + Pioneer BDR-211UBK
mikehin [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote This problem doesn't resolved with new Updates PowerDVD 17 to build 2316
I have gotten no sound on all the Ultra HD discs by Sony that I have tried to playback

Very odd. I have the 13 8100 asrock fatality itx board and it worked for me. I reverted back to Pdvd 14 with hd playback that came with my pioneer Blueray player because it is a full legit copy. DO you have intel audio installed or asrock? Asrocks audio drivers dont support Atmos as far as I know. So you will want to install the latest intel drivers. Also make sure you have all the latest intel drivers which im sure you have because you are at least able to run the video. Make sure color option is checked on your tv if its samsung.
[Post New]
Quote This problem doesn't resolved with new Updates PowerDVD 17 to build 2316
I have gotten no sound on all the Ultra HD discs by Sony that I have tried to playback

Very odd. I have the 13 8100 asrock fatality itx board and it worked for me. I reverted back to Pdvd 14 with hd playback that came with my pioneer Blueray player because it is a full legit copy. DO you have intel audio installed or asrock? Asrocks audio drivers dont support Atmos as far as I know. So you will want to install the latest intel drivers. Also make sure you have all the latest intel drivers which im sure you have because you are at least able to run the video. Make sure color option is checked on your tv if its samsung.

I installed the latest intel drivers 15.60.01.4877
and don't get any sound from the UHD discs, and not only Dolby Atmos and DD and DTS too i3 7100T + AsRock Z270 ITX + Pioneer BDR-211UBK