Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD UHD Advisor question
Fandangos [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 16, 2017 20:33 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Can someone explain this to me:

I'm trying to run a DECRYPTED UHD BD iso and/or a folder.

My setup is a i7 6700k, with Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), with Nvidia 1080 Ti.

I'm using PowerDVD v17.0.2101 with Nvidia drivers 387.92 and windows 10 fall update, the latest one.

I can run it just fine with menus only if I'm using the Intel Integrated Graphics iGPU.

So it works without SGX, without AACS, without HDCP 2.2 (since my motherboard is HDMI 1.4).

And since it's HDMI 1.4 I can't have HDR.

I'm using a Samsung 2016 TV as monitor that do have HDR and is capable of 4:4:4 60Hz, so full HDMI 2.0 support.

When running PowerDVD UHD Advisor, the ONLY difference when using the GPU and iGPU is that the GPU (that is HDMI 2.0 with HDR support) is noted as 8 Bits, while the iGPU that is HDMI 1.4 is noted as 10bits.

Since this is the only difference, I believe this might be the problem for UHD BD with full menus not running with the Nvidia GPU.

If I could get it to work with the Nvidia card I would be able to enjoy it with HDR, which is basically the only difference from iGPU.

When I run the movie on my GPU I can get the menus but black screen on videos.

This is the 1080 TI:

And this is the intel iGPU:

As you can see the only option the 1080 TI is lacking is that 8 bit/10bit.

So why does it work with iGPU and not with Nvidia? It should work since my source is decrypted.
MirceaForce [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 29, 2016 13:26 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
do you use windows 10 x64bit build 1709 ?

and can you open bluray (full bluray bdmv folder) with this last powerdvd 17 buid 2101 ?

i've attached a print screen

does this button look the same to you ?

did you check maintanace from windows 10 to see if you have any crash ??

yes you cannot run full bluray 4k hdr with nvidia gpu with menu etc it's an old powerdvd problem...only work if you drag and drop the bigger file from bdmv stream to powerdvd ...but with limition from subtitle etc
Fandangos [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote do you use windows 10 x64bit build 1709 ?

Windows 10 x64 Pro 1703 build 15063.674 no problem at all here.

I tought I had updated I'll do this today and check.
MirceaForce [Avatar]
[Post New]

please keep me up to date

P.S yes the same here on old version of win 10 1703 was working ok

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 19. 2017 12:36

Fandangos [Avatar]
[Post New]

please keep me up to date

P.S yes the same here on old version of win 10 1703 was working ok

Ok, updated to 1709. No problem I can still open mounted ISO or folders.

Still, black image while using Nvidia card, and since it's possible to play 4k UHD HDR m2ts files with PowerDVD, the logical conclusion is that when running folders and the menu works but the same file won't (when in full disc mode) is that PowerDVD is blocking and blanking Nvidia cards on purpose.

And since the source is decrypted this has nothing to do with DRM anymore. It's just deliberately blockling.
MirceaForce [Avatar]
[Post New]
Windows 10 x64 Pro 1703 build 15063.674 no problem at all here. I tought I had updated I'll do this today and check.
please keep me up to date P.S yes the same here on old version of win 10 1703 was working ok
Ok, updated to 1709. No problem I can still open mounted ISO or folders.
Make sure that you have the lastest powerdvd build 2101 and please do this: unmount all iso delete all virtual drives if you have a phisical drive disable also after this start again power dvd and like in the print screen " no disc drive" still works ? p.s because i don't have any phisical drives or virtual only open from bdmv folders And in replay to your problem it's simple make sure the power dvd structure is like this in the bdmv folder: see print screen most problems are related to this folder AUXDATA if you don't have this folder in the bdmv folder make one and the problems should go also can you check this path Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance\Reliability Monitor to see if powerdvd had any issues
Fandangos [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, I guess this is related to your issues, right?

Either way, tested here, and I still can play folder. isos, mounted isos.
MirceaForce [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Well, I guess this is related to your issues, right?

do you have powerdvd 2101 build ?? can you make print screen with the proof ...

also do you running on igpu or the sistem with nvidia card ???
Fandangos [Avatar]
[Post New]

I know exactly what PowerDVD 17 version I'm running here and it's 2101.

Version 17.0.2101.162.

I can switch from iGPU and Nvidia and both outputs the result is the same, I can still open iso and folders.

Not sure what problem you are facing there but it would better be taken care on your own thread instead of hijacking other's.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 19. 2017 17:32

MirceaForce [Avatar]
[Post New]

I know exactly what PowerDVD 17 version I'm running here and it's 2101.

Version 17.0.2101.162.

I can switch from iGPU and Nvidia and both outputs the result is the same, I can still open iso and folders.

Not sure what problem you are facing there but it would better be taken care on your own thread instead of hijacking other's.

did you did this for your problem ?

<span class="post_quote"><span class="quote_content"><span class="post_quote"><span class="quote_content">p.s because i don't have any phisical drives or virtual only open from bdmv folders

And in replay to your problem it's simple make sure the power dvd structure is like this in the bdmv folder:

see print screen

most problems are related to this folder AUXDATA

if you don't have this folder in the bdmv folder make one and the problems should go
</span></span></span></span>
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
I think all the experiements should be based on the folder you mentioned is a perfectly-decrypted Ultra HD Blu-ray movie.

If it is perfectly decrypted, I guess that not only PowerDVD, but there might be other software players existing that can play it without any problems.

Any methods to assure the decryption done perfectly?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 20. 2017 05:45

Fandangos [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I think all the experiements should be based on the folder you mentioned is a perfectly-decrypted Ultra HD Blu-ray movie.

If it is perfectly decrypted, I guess that not only PowerDVD, but there might be other software players existing that can play it without any problems.

Yes, it's not a problem with the decryption process. I was able to try different decrypted movies.

And AUX DATA folder is present.

I can play the whole disc flawless if:

1. I'm using PowerDVD 17 with iGPU (but again - no HDR).

2. I'm using DVDFab Media Player 3 (than again - no HDR)

The problem is when using Nvidia GPU, which is the only ATM with HDMI 2.0 and that supports HDR.
MirceaForce [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I think all the experiements should be based on the folder you mentioned is a perfectly-decrypted Ultra HD Blu-ray movie.

Yes, it's not a problem with the decryption process. I was able to try different decrypted movies.

And AUX DATA folder is present.

I can play the whole disc flawless if:

1. I'm using PowerDVD 17 with iGPU (but again - no HDR).

2. I'm using DVDFab Media Player 3 (than again - no HDR)

The problem is when using Nvidia GPU, which is the only ATM with HDMI 2.0 and that supports HDR.

i have test it my self and had the same problem like you

if you go to support they will tell you that only for intel is supported at this moment

also if you drag and drop a m2ts from a bluray 4k hdr to powerdvd the play it's not so smooth like it should be but it's ok ..this is because of powerdvd and their support for intel igpu