Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't import 2.7k and 4k resolution video in Power Director 14
MarkAuclair [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Canada Joined: Oct 02, 2017 10:33 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I recently bought a GoPro Hero 5 Black and when I import 1080p at 60fps videos, everything works fine.

But when I try to import 2.7k at 60fps and 4k at 30fps ... it just doesnt work at all.

Message saying that an error occured while opening the media file in the media library.

I tried many times, with many videos with the same resolution and fps. And it will only work with 1080p videos... why ?

When I bought PD 14, it was suppose to be able to edit up to 4k files.... I was going to upgrade to PD 16, but since it is suppose to work in PD14, why would it work better in PD 16 ?

I have attached an image with the error message.

Please help.
[Thumb - Capture.JPG]
 Filename
Capture.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Error message
 Filesize
23 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
25 time(s)
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Is your E: drive an internal device? It isn't an external USB device is it?

If you've got a very short sample of one of these files mayube you could add it as an attachment for us to examine.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi MarkAuclair -

I can confirm that PDR14 Ultra or Ultimate has no issues importing 2.7K clips shot at 60fps from GoPro Hero 5 Black. Just checked. Is your version Ultimate, Ultra or Deluxe?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
MarkAuclair [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Is your E: drive an internal device? It isn't an external USB device is it?

If you've got a very short sample of one of these files mayube you could add it as an attachment for us to examine.

Yes it is internal drive
MarkAuclair [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi MarkAuclair -

I can confirm that PDR14 Ultra or Ultimate has no issues importing 2.7K clips shot at 60fps from GoPro Hero 5 Black. Just checked. Is your version Ultimate, Ultra or Deluxe?

Cheers - Tony

I had Ultimate version with all packs and everything included in PD 14 deal when it came out.

I took a chance and upgraded to PD 16 for 89.99$

And all of a sudden, everything is working fine, 2.7k at 60 fps 4 gb action videos uoload just fine.

And PD 16 is faster, a lot faster. I'm glad I upgraded.