Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Snapshot only in low resolution 1920x1080 on PowerDirector 15
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Andersonagm - Thank you for your feedback. This information was given 6 months ago on a different PD Users forum. The Op there was not able to achieve the results I got possibly by using a laptop. The members there are able to achieve this using Desktops. Prerendering was not necessary with the Desktop pc’s. This is valuable information you have given to help others that use a laptop pc.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
  • Render from media library as suggested by Jeff

I didn't imply any render from the media library, just a snapshot from the file in the media library.

The UHD preview setting will not work with source content resolution higher than UHD, however in such cases, a snapshot from the media library will still provide source content resolution. Important as one can unofficially produce to higher resolutions with mostly success.

Additionally, the preview quality setting is not available if you don't have content on track 1, in such cases you always have to go through the inconvenience of adding content to adjust preview and then remove.

Jeff
andersonagm [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2022 05:04 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]

I didn't imply any render from the media library, just a snapshot from the file in the media library.

The UHD preview setting will not work with source content resolution higher than UHD, however in such cases, a snapshot from the media library will still provide source content resolution. Important as one can unofficially produce to higher resolutions with mostly success.

Additionally, the preview quality setting is not available if you don't have content on track 1, in such cases you always have to go through the inconvenience of adding content to adjust preview and then remove.

Jeff

Yeah that was a typo, I meant snapshot from media library