Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
View Designer missing!! [SOLVED]
Frankster69 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 13, 2017 13:32 Messages: 68 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

I just upgraded to v16. The View Designer for 360 clips to 2D video is missing from the menu's. It's just not there. Look at my screenshots.

Instead, when I click the new item to set 360 initial view (great feature btw!!!!) sometimes (not always) it gives a warning that 360 view and effects are not available once I switch to View Designer. But I am not choosing View Designer but set initial view.

Patch?

regards, Frank
[Thumb - CropImage.jpg]
 Filename
CropImage.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
242 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
57 time(s)
[Thumb - view-designer-missing.jpg]
 Filename
view-designer-missing.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
246 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
58 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 21. 2017 10:00

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Frank -

What tools are available is totally dependant on the project aspect ratio you've set.

If your PAR is 360°, you'll have 360 Start View Setting, but not View Designer.

If your PAR is 16:9, you'll have View Designer, but not 360 Start View Setting.

Cheers (if it's OK to say that) - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Frankster69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Ynotfish,

Ok, yes I see View Designer now. This is different to v15, where it is visible also in 360 mode. It gives a warning to change PAR then, but it was visible.

HOWEVER... what triggered me was that I see the View Designer warning about aspect ratio at times (not all times, but half of the cases sofar) when I was selecting the 360 start view option.

I count that as a bug: the View Designer warning should NOT be visible if I select 360 start view. It has nothing to do with VD or changing out of 2:1 aspect ratio.

thanks for the advice, I'm happy sofar with the improvements!

regards, Frank
Ptira [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 22, 2017 04:53 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I also have the same problem and I bought PowerDirector because I needed this feature in the 360 ​​video.

But what does it mean? Must run in 360 mode and not in 16/9!

Solve it early or remove it from product features. So you are selling a scam product.
Frankster69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I can live with this, View Designer is NOT about creating a 360 video, it never was. It has been designed to create 2D, normal video from 360 footage. Once you create a 'trip' around your 360-video in View Designer it will (and has always) output as a 16:9 (or 4:3, whatever res you choose).

Also in PD 15 it was working like this. It was accessible from the 360 menu's, but never stayed in 360. It creates 2D video's by design.

Not having it as option when in 360 mode is not so strange.

regards, Frank

Quote I also have the same problem and I bought PowerDirector because I needed this feature in the 360 ​​video.

But what does it mean? Must run in 360 mode and not in 16/9!

Solve it early or remove it from product features. So you are selling a scam product.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 22. 2017 07:32

Ptira [Avatar]
[Post New]
I understand you can live without this feature but the advertisement is clear ... it has to work with 360 videos. In 16/9 video it makes no sense, I can use the zoom, pan etc. function.

caratteristiche
Frankster69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The reason it is put under 360 editing is that View Designer works (only) with 360 video input, to create 16:9 'flat' output. It does not work with 16:9 input (and as you say it doesn't need to).

It works with 360 input, that is what it was designed for. In the descriptions of it on Cyberlink that is stated: it creates 16:9 video out of 360 input.

So there's no misleading. You should have read beyond the specs before you buy. Nevertheless, it is still a very usefull feature.

To me this was instantly clear before I bought PD 15 earlier this year. I'm sorry you missed that, but it's there for everyone to read.

regards, Frank

PS: not working for Cyberlink, just stating the obvious
Ptira [Avatar]
[Post New]
PowerDirector allows full 360 video output (as in figure) with equiretangular format. Not 16/9.

Equirectangular output
Frankster69 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, of course! It works fully well with 360 video, I'm using it mainly for that myself! I never said it doesn't.

But the View Designer is a single module in PowerDirector. And the View Designer was designed to create 16:9 video out of 360 video. That is the sole and only function of View Designer.

As stated on the Powerdirector page in short:

View Designer View Designer is a unique PowerDirector innovation that enables you to use 360-degree video footage in standard video projects. It's like you've filmed a scene with multiple cameras from multiple angles.

And explained in more detail on the official Cyberlink youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGh8yfoXlvU

You can do a lot of cool things with 360 video in PowerDirector. I really did buy it for that, and I did so fully understanding what I would get and what it would be capable of. After I informed myself, I knew from the beginning View Designer was NOT creating 360 videos, but flat, 16:9 videos out of 360 footage.

This is a video I created using View Designer shortly after I bought PD 15. It is made using 360 video from my XDV pano View camera, and in View Designer I panned, tilted and zoomed and created a 16:9 flat, regular video of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4MOhzU1RCw

With all respect, if you were under another impression, you have not informed yourself well enough before buying. Nonetheless, you have bought one of the most capable 360 editors out there, at least on consumer/prosumer level.

I'm currently very happy with the new 360 video stabilizer. It is a godsend! No other consumer level video editor has this. Just take a look at what it can do! Now I can just walk, run, dance, drive with my camera without worrying too much about shaking camera's and wobbly videos. I can just do my thing and still get smooth flowing videos.

An example: This 360-video I shot with my LG 360 Cam and created in PD 15 WITHOUT stabilising:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je_2bcqaTKs

And this is the SAME 360-video, but I used the stabiliser in PD 16:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwT0hFnt66k

So yeah, 360 is big in PowerDirector. But the View Designer was fully, intentionally and with all the info surrounding it to input 360 video and output 16:9 flat video. Never was any other way, nor did they suggest it would do otherwise.

kind regards, Frank

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Sep 22. 2017 18:44