Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem insert JPG to TimeTrack
Joe821 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 01, 2017 23:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Recently I purchased Asus UX530UX notebook with PD12 trial version preloaded. Everything's fine with the limited functions. I then bought PD15 online and installed all the ContentPack came with the order.

One of the major purpose I do with PD is to compose series of jpg photos taken with Time Intervaled Photography into time-lapse video.

I imported the jpg to PD library then drag and drop to the timetrack for further editing and rednering. I did this before with PD12 as well as After Effect without any problem.

I clicked and started dragging the selected jpg's, mouse pointer changed to red circle (with a red slash like road sign - no entry). It was expected that when the pointer reach the timetrack, the red circle will change back to white arrow, showdow of jpg aray will appear, and if I release the mouse button, aray of jpgs will line up in the track ready for editing.

However, the pointer remained a red circle, no shadow of jpg aray, and I release the mouse, absolutely nothing happened, nothing! Just the first picture appeared in the playback screen.

I try to click the button above the timetrack to "insert on selected track", a message box pop up said "Encountered an improper argument". Still no jpg in the timetrack.

I tried uninstalling all the Cyberlink products, erase the /program files/Cyberlink folder, and reinstall, but no luck.

I reinstall trial version of PD12, everything normal.

I never imagine such thing. Is this Codec problem? or else?

Provided many details including DxDiag to Cyberline support for several times but never got a solution.

Frustrated, Please anyone can help?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 03. 2017 22:06

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
This is a user forum. You should attach your Dxdiag.txt file and maybe a screen shot of your edit screen.

This forum is separate from Cyberlink support, we do not see anything sent to Cyberlink support.

Please read:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50105.page

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 03. 2017 22:43

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Joe821 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 01, 2017 23:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This is a user forum. You should attach your Dxdiag.txt file and maybe a screen shot of your edit screen.

This forum is separate from Cyberlink support, we do not see anything sent to Cyberlink support.

Please read:

I'm exactly sending in here to seek any users has idea about this syndrome, as I got none solution from Cyberlink
Frankster69 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 13, 2017 13:32 Messages: 68 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This is a user forum. You should attach your Dxdiag.txt file and maybe a screen shot of your edit screen.

Please read:

I'm exactly sending in here to seek any users has idea about this syndrome, as I got none solution from Cyberlink

Carl is suggesting you post the info you sent to Cyberlink also here, since we can't see what you have sent to Cyberlink. If we can also see your DXdiag and some screenshots of the issue, perhaps then we can see possible causes.

Speaking for myself, PD 15 is my first version and I don't experience the same problem. I do recall (I think) I had a similar issue once when I tried to drag a video over USB directly from the camera to the library. Copying it to my PC first solved that. No time to test now though.

Could you try this to see if your PD can read jpg's:
- Add a video and make a Snapshot within PD (click the camera icon next to the play/stop controls in preview window)
- Drag that Snapshot from the library to the timeline.

Then you would have a jpg that's created by PD itself, it would help to know if PD can read that.

regards, Frank

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 04. 2017 10:02