Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Worked on project with files from SD card, now can't recover
Lemarch_18 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2017 13:55 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I grabbed some movie files from my Sd card, did the clips in PowerDirector, and closed it. I then copied all those files onto my pc and initalized the SD card, wiping it clean. Today I tried opening the project and PowerDirector gave me the message the SD card wasn't available, and did I want to go ahead. Did and of course all the clips are now blank.

I tried copying the files back to the SD card, but PowerDirector is no longer looking for them there.

Is there any way to recover all the work and relink back - some way to tell the program to look for the clips in the original place?

Any help GREATLY appreciated.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Lemarch_18 -

If the clips from your SD card have now been transferred to a folder on your PC, it should be OK.

When you open the previously saved project, PDR should invite you to Browse to locate the clip listed. If you do that. it should be put right.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Lemarch_18 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Lemarch_18 -

If the clips from your SD card have now been transferred to a folder on your PC, it should be OK.

When you open the previously saved project, PDR should invite you to Browse to locate the clip listed. If you do that. it should be put right.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony, but PDR isn't giving me the Browse option.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Oh dear surprised

I don't think re-importing the clips from the folder on your PC will resolve it, but that's what you'll need to do.

It may be a case of doing that, then starting over.

I don't recall a circumstance where PDR has not offered the Browse option... but then, I've never imported stuff from the SD card then formatted the card. Does it give you any options at all???

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Lemarch_18 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Oh dear surprised

I don't think re-importing the clips from the folder on your PC will resolve it, but that's what you'll need to do.

It may be a case of doing that, then starting over.

I don't recall a circumstance where PDR has not offered the Browse option... but then, I've never imported stuff from the SD card then formatted the card. Does it give you any options at all???

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony, initially it gave me the option to import only from the SD card and I thought it would let me grab the ones on the pc, but it didn't ask that. I imported the folder they were in, but it just didn't link up though the file names were the same.

Yeah, I've started over. Thanks for the advice though - much appreciated. Learned a lesson. undecided