Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD15 Multi GPU support: AMD Crossfire?
Nicoloks [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 24, 2017 08:05 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,

I am currently upgrading my PC (gaming & 4k video editing) and would really like to upgrade the GFX platform to a 2 way RX 570 Crossfire solution. Does PD15 (and the entire Director Suite 5 package for that matter) fully support AMD VCE in this configuration?
Nicoloks [Avatar]
[Post New]
Have been going back and forth with support on this and have yet to get a black and white answer.

Does anyone know (yes or no answer) if PDR supports and utilises multi card setups using either Nvidia CUDA or AMD VCE?

The response I got from support said it was more the VRAM. In terms of reducing rendering times of 4k timelines, does this mean I am better off with a single 8GB GFX card as opposed to the 2 x 4GB RX 570 cards as I was planning?

I have seen several videos regarding Davinci Resolve (which I was planning to use before I found Director Suite 5) utilzing mutiple graphics cards to great effect and perhaps erronously assumed that PDR could do this to.

I already have the 2 x RX 570 cards (just waiting on my motherboard to come in), so really just wanting to know if I shouldn return them for a single GTX 1070 or RX 580 with 8GB of VRAM.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 12. 2017 20:03

Nicoloks [Avatar]
[Post New]
Didn't see this thread earlier, however it would appear multi card setups are not supported unless something has changed since PD12.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/39440.page

I would really appreciated 100% confirmation though before I strat trying to return items.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 12. 2017 20:19

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I see no recommended spec on the product page of PowerDirector anymore, only the minimum spec for PD15 now. Debating on whether one gpu is better than another can cause bad feelings and arguments so no one should advise here. Go with cyberlink support.

I beleive dual graphics card may have been supported 6 years ago but did not do screenshots of those early documents as it appears that cyberlink deletes all the advertisements for their old versions of PD software each year.

The consensus is that a nvidia card is better for a modern pc running win 10.