Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Youtube Channel Editing Help.
MaddogHutty
Newbie Location: England Joined: Jul 05, 2017 09:00 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Hi guys i am new to Cyberlink Power Director but have managed to make my first youtube video using the software. I have read and followed loads of online tutorials but cannot seem to find the content im looking for on what i want to accomplish. So any help would be much appreciated i have my own airgun youtube channel 24hr airgunner but would like to produce my videos with the same type proffesional looking effects has airguns and advancement channel and teds hold over. But when i try to do the slow motion shot footage i lose audio, so i know im doing it wrong in someway using the editor. So would like to know, how to do it properly. Also once adding my video footage, how to get rid of the black bars from the sides i have tried the resolution settings but it doesn't seem to get rid of them. Even though the footage is either filmed in 1920x1080 or 1240x720 and following some of the tutorials still cannot seem to get rid of the bars. If anyone does take a look at my latest youtube video link below, you will see what i mean also when using transitions like page curl, when playing the footage i sometimes get the perfect follow on from the page curl other times i get a black screen after the page curl how to prevent that. Basically guys i'm a newbie and just looking for some tips and advice on how to make my youtube video's look alot more proffesional. So any help on getting me to the next level would be much appreciated thx.https://youtu.be/VjgGNU2AMHA
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Nothing to see in that YT link you posted. See the attached screenshot.
[Thumb - VU.jpg]
 Filename
VU.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
No video at that link to view.
 Filesize
36 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
25 time(s)
MaddogHutty
[Post New]
Quote Nothing to see in that YT link you posted. See the attached screenshot.

Sorry about that it hadn't finished uploading yet i am still uploading it has the upload link had stopped for some reason so restarted it and now waiting for it to finish. Thanks for the reply it will be up and running shortly.
MaddogHutty
[Post New]
Quote Nothing to see in that YT link you posted. See the attached screenshot.

Sorry about that it hadn't finished uploading yet i am still uploading it has the upload link had stopped for some reason so restarted it and now waiting for it to finish. Thanks for the reply it will be up and running shortly.
The link is now working now tomasc
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Maddog Hutty -

Because your video is recorded in 4:3 (1440x1080), it has black bars in YouTube's 16:9 player. To elimnate the black bars in the video portions, just right click on the video > Set Clip Attributes > Set Aspect Ratio > Use CLVP to stretch to 16:9. This will result in a bit of distortion (see attached) but the black bars will be gone. Alternatively, if possible, record in 16:9.

Another suggestion I'd make with your transitions is not to have, say the page turn transition go to black. Make it go straight to the next image or clip. I'm assuming you may have applied the transition as "postix" rather than straddle the two clips. Example attached.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Airgunner CLPV.png]
 Filename
Airgunner CLPV.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3297 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
23 time(s)
 Filename
Airgunner Transitions.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1638 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
224 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
MaddogHutty
[Post New]
Quote Hi Maddog Hutty -

Because your video is recorded in 4:3 (1440x1080), it has black bars in YouTube's 16:9 player. To elimnate the black bars in the video portions, just right click on the video > Set Clip Attributes > Set Aspect Ratio > Use CLVP to stretch to 16:9. This will result in a bit of distortion (see attached) but the black bars will be gone. Alternatively, if possible, record in 16:9.

Another suggestion I'd make with your transitions is not to have, say the page turn transition go to black. Make it go straight to the next image or clip. I'm assuming you may have applied the transition as "postix" rather than straddle the two clips. Example attached.

Cheers - Tony

Thx for your reply my friend i will set my equipment to the settings you suggest and that should sort it thx. I am doing an airgun channel and love the way airguns and advancement channel steve shally does his videos and would like to do the same sort of effects do you know of the transistions, effects or anything i would need to create the same type of effects using cyberlink producer. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated thx.
MaddogHutty
[Post New]
Quote Hi Maddog Hutty -

Cheers - Tony

Hi tony yes you got the page turn bang on thats what i have been trying to achieve but everytime i try it i get the black page underneath if you could tell me how to achieve it i would be most greatfull. Also tony do you know how to create the slow motion in video but still not lose the audio any help would be appreciated thankyou.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
If you insert the transition at the end of a clip (postfix), it will transition to black before jumping to the next clip.

If you insert the transition so it straddles the two clips, it will transition from one clip to the next without the black. You can set it to Cross or Overlap.

""

Take a look at this screen capture.

When you use Power Tools > Video Speed, the audio will change speed along with the video... whether you slow it down or speed it up.

If you want the audio to continue at regular speed while the video slows down, you need to unlink the video from the audio (right click > Unlink).

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Transitions.png]
 Filename
Transitions.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
97 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
89 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 08. 2017 15:17

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
MaddogHutty
[Post New]
Thx for that tony that helps alot i new there must be away but never even thought about putting it over the 2 clips thankyou. Tony do you also know how to edit in slow motion has i keep losing audio, and would like to know the best and easiest way to sync multi video clips into one any help would be most greatful thankyou tony.

Quote If you insert the transition at the end of a clip (postfix), it will transition to black before jumping to the next clip.

If you insert the transition so it straddles the two clips, it will transition from one clip to the next without the black. You can set it to Cross or Overlap.

""""

When you use Power Tools > Video Speed, the audio will change speed along with the video... whether you slow it down or speed it up.

If you want the audio to continue at regular speed while the video slows down, you need to unlink the video from the audio (right click > Unlink).

Cheers - Tony
MaddogHutty
[Post New]
I meant to say tony i noticed you answered that question on audio i meant to say when i slow the footage down i seem too lose the audio so what your saying is split the audio frames. But wont that totally unsync the audio or are you saying split it and then stretch the audio frame to match the slow motion video i think thats what you mean please confirm if im on the write track thx tony.
Quote If you insert the transition at the end of a clip (postfix), it will transition to black before jumping to the next clip.

""""

Cheers - Tony
MaddogHutty
[Post New]
I think i know what you mean now tony with the audio ill give it a try thanks

Quote I meant to say tony i noticed you answered that question on audio i meant to say when i slow the footage down i seem too lose the audio so what your saying is split the audio frames. But wont that totally unsync the audio or are you saying split it and then stretch the audio frame to match the slow motion video i think thats what you mean please confirm if im on the write track thx tony.

""""""

Cheers - Tony