Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Getting error using transitions
RickD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 30, 2017 10:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Now, every time I try to select any transition, I get a red circle with a slash and it won't let me add transitions to anything. Any idea on why or what to do?

Thanks
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Click and drag the transition to between two video clips and release the left mouse button. If you place it too low say touching the audio track then you can’t add the transition as the red circle with a slash will appear.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Now, every time I try to select any transition, I get a red circle with a slash and it won't let me add transitions to anything. Any idea on why or what to do?

Thanks

Apart from what tomasc has suggested Make sure that the track you are trying to add a transition to is not locked. An open track will have a white open padlock to the left of it, a locked one will have a yellow closed padlock. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Not only, but also (as well as what tomasc & The Shadowman have posted)...

The NO GO symbol usually pops up if there's a gap (even 1 frame) between the clips.

1. Can't insert transition?

2. Expand timeline

3. Remove gap

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Gap Fix.png]
 Filename
Gap Fix.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
228 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
87 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 30. 2017 15:05

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Not only, but also (as well as what tomasc & The Shadowman have posted)...

The NO GO symbol usually pops up if there's a gap (even 1 frame) between the clips.

1. Can't insert transition?

2. Expand timeline

3. Remove gap

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony

Could you explain further please. I just added two transitions with a two frame gap. No sign of a No-Go nature

Thanks

Robert
[Thumb - Baetrans.png]
 Filename
Baetrans.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
26 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
36 time(s)
Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert -

I should have been clearer. True - the gap doesn't interfere with prefix & postfix transitions, as shown in your screenshot - only ones where you want the transition (either cross or overlap type) to straddle the two clips.

The NO GO symbol would not pop up if you inserted the transition as prefix or postfix.

I'm pretty sure "straddle" isn't a video-editing term, but...

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!