Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Applying LUTs in PD15?
[Post New]
Hello there,

I watched the Cyberlink tutorial for applying LUTs on the support site, but this seems to relate to an earlier version of PowerDirector and I can't find a way of replicating the process on PD15...

Is it still possible to apply LUTs in PD15 or has that feature been moved across to ColorDirector?

Thanks,

Mongo "Mongo only pawn in game of life."
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mongo -

To my knowledge, no version of PDR has ever been able to apply LUTs. As you say, ColorDirector can.

If you have CDR, & you wish to apply the LUT to multiple clips, you can apply it to one (via PDR > CDR round tripping), save it as a preset, the apply it to the other clips back in PDR.

If you don't have CDR, then you need to apply the LUT some other way because PDR cannot do it alone. "laughing"

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote Hi Mongo -

To my knowledge, no version of PDR has ever been able to apply LUTs.

Hi Tony, thanks for the information - at some point, I will be buying ColorDirector as it looks such a useful tool.

What confused me though was this tutorial on the Cyberlink Learning Center (I failed to notice the word 'ColorDirector)...

Which can be found at this link: https://www.cyberlink.com/learning/video/39/using-look-up-tables-(luts)

HOWEVER, in the meantime, I have been playing around with the colour presets in PD15 and they - to all practical purposes - are basically 'poor man's' LUTs!I've been ploughing through the presets library at the PowerDirector Zone

I've been ploughing through the presets library at the PowerDirector Zone and found a few that replicate some of the popular 'film look' LUTs that are available online for free. But it will be great when I can afford ColorDirector and I can produce my own presets.

I read somewhere that I can apply UTs to clips in Photoshop (of all things) so I will also explore that avenue.

Thanks again for your feedback...

Mongo grateful.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 29. 2017 02:26

"Mongo only pawn in game of life."