Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD15 Text Overlay
PineyWoods [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2017 02:33 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Can't find a simple text box utility for clip text overlay - only a profusion of titles that blank out the clip. Not in PD14 either. What am I missing, as it must be in there somewhere?

Pete
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
It's easy to add plain unadorned text in the title room.

1. Click on the + icon to add a new text item.

2. Edit your text. Specify colours and all the other properties you want. You can add effects such as fades, scrolls etc etc if you wish.

3. OK that and then drag your newly creted title onto the title timeline.

[Thumb - 2.jpg]
 Filename
2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
step 2
 Filesize
257 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
65 time(s)
[Thumb - 3.jpg]
 Filename
3.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
step 3 - all done
 Filesize
57 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
68 time(s)
[Thumb - 1.jpg]
 Filename
1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
step1
 Filesize
12 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
68 time(s)
PineyWoods [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It's easy to add plain unadorned text in the title room.

1. Click on the + icon to add a new text item.

2. Edit your text. Specify colours and all the other properties you want. You can add effects such as fades, scrolls etc etc if you wish.

3. OK that and then drag your newly creted title onto the title timeline.

Thanks, Longedge, but this seems to just create another full-screen title replacing the video for its duration, rather than simply text that will appear for a specified duration as a "label", so to speak, on my background video. Just a simple text box with reasonablel edit capabilities that I've found in other video editors.
[Post New]
Just drag the Default title template to the timeline, underneath one of your video tracks, that won't replace or move your video. It's a simple text in white displaying 'My Title' overlayed on top of your video. Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 Mainboard : Intel i7 2700k @ 3.6ghz: 12 gb DDR3 Kingston ram:
2TB WD Black HD's: Asus GTX970 4gb ram: Windows 10 Pro 64bit:

PineyWoods [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Just drag the Default title template to the timeline, underneath one of your video tracks, that won't replace or move your video. It's a simple text in white displaying 'My Title' overlayed on top of your video.

Well, I really blew ths one. Both respondents are, of course correct. All my previous use of Title has been on the video track, using the black-backgrounded titles for chapters, etc. Something must have short-circuited in my 77 year old moth-eaten brain when I first tried the title on the "T" track, but I tried it again late last PM, and the background was indeed transparent.

Thanks, folks, for your input!

Ol' Pete

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 27. 2017 13:09

[Post New]
Quote Just drag the Default title template to the timeline, underneath one of your video tracks, that won't replace or move your video. It's a simple text in white displaying 'My Title' overlayed on top of your video.

Well, I really blew ths one. Both respondents are, of course correct. All my previous use of Title has been on the video track, using the black-backgrounded titles for chapters, etc. Something must have short-circuited in my 77 year old moth-eaten brain when I first tried the title on the "T" track, but I tried it again late last PM, and the background was indeed transparent.

Thanks, folks, for your input!

Ol' Pete

All good Pete!

I appreciate your honesty. We all have days like that I reckon.

Cheers Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 Mainboard : Intel i7 2700k @ 3.6ghz: 12 gb DDR3 Kingston ram:
2TB WD Black HD's: Asus GTX970 4gb ram: Windows 10 Pro 64bit: