Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Weird issue when applying crop and zoom to a video behind a .png image
SeymourButzPlease123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 06, 2013 21:02 Messages: 49 Offline
[Post New]
New to PD15, used PD9 for years.

Here's the issue, I have a video background on track one, and a .png foreground image, with large transparent portions on track 2. The video shows through the transparent portion of the .png file, but as soon as I try to zoom the video background by using Crop & Zoom in Power Tools, my .png file fully blocks the video. The portions of my .png foreground that were transparent are now black, and I can't figure out how to get my background to show through other than disengaging the Crop and Zoom.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
I'll try to duplicate this problem but just to be clear, does the transparency come from the .png itself or have you used chroma-keying on the foreground image?

p.s. and if it's not a problem, how about posting the image you are using in the foreground.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 16. 2017 03:41

SeymourButzPlease123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 06, 2013 21:02 Messages: 49 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'll try to duplicate this problem but just to be clear, does the transparency come from the .png itself or have you used chroma-keying on the foreground image?

p.s. and if it's not a problem, how about posting the image you are using in the foreground.

The transparency comes from the .png file.

It appears that clicking on PiP Designer and then OK restores the transparent nature of the .png file and fixes the issue.

Never had to that in PD9, glad it works.

Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 16. 2017 05:58