Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ActionDirector Corrupts Video When Stitching from Gear 360
buck_e [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 09, 2017 22:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

This is my first time posting to this forum and I apologize if this is in the correct area.

My ActionDirector is corrupting videos after it stitches them from my Gear 360. I follow the instructions to import media from file. I then open my DCIM folder and click on the MP4 I want to import. The progress bar begins and it seems to be working. Once the video becomes completely stitched, the video shows green squares everywhere. This issue does not exist when I view videos from the Android app. I have also turned off hardware acceleration in the settings and there is no difference. Another troubleshooting experiment I've tried is by first saving the MP4 to my desktop and then importing the video into ActionDirector from there.

Does anyone know what I can do? ActionDirector Version: 1.0.0.2423

Thank you!
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Wow, it seems that there are a lot of people having issues with Grar 360. Fortunately I'm not one of them. I'm using the same build.

Please expalin "corrupting videos". What do you see/not see? What settings are you using on the 360 for resolution, etc.

Please also post the specs of your computer by attaching the text file from a dxdiag.exe evaluation of your computer. Go here and scroll down to the 4th post. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
From the Samsung Gear 360 Web:

Re: Black spot in middle of picture:

Re: Gear 360 Action Director Black box artifact in center of screen [ Edited ]Try this.Go to Gear 360 ActionDirector's setting/Preferences -> Editing -> Checked the option of "Automatic Angle Compensation", and save the setting.Then, remove the previously stitched photo or video from Gear 360 ActionDirector's library, re-import the raw (non-stitched) 360 photo to stitch again.

More searches in progress. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
micromano
Newbie Location: Portland, Oregon Joined: Oct 22, 2017 15:41 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having a very similar problem.

Using Samsung Gear Action Director Version 1.0.0.2423, all I ever get when I attempt to stitch 360 videos is a black backgound and two intersecting lines with a blob or pixelated garbage in the middle.
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

This is my first time posting to this forum and I apologize if this is in the correct area.

My ActionDirector is corrupting videos after it stitches them from my Gear 360. I follow the instructions to import media from file. I then open my DCIM folder and click on the MP4 I want to import. The progress bar begins and it seems to be working. Once the video becomes completely stitched, the video shows green squares everywhere. This issue does not exist when I view videos from the Android app. I have also turned off hardware acceleration in the settings and there is no difference. Another troubleshooting experiment I've tried is by first saving the MP4 to my desktop and then importing the video into ActionDirector from there.

Thank you!

Hello,

Maybe I'm missing something but 360° vids in PD14?

Alain II
stevek
[Post New]
Alain, Perhaps a misplaced post. Both are using Action Director whoch can be a standalone or part og PowerDirector (higher version).

micromano, make sure you have the standalone version of Action Director that is for your model of Gear 360 (there are two). A friend of mine with a new camcorder said that the earlier version don't work with the newest model of the Gear 360.

I have the original Gear 360 camcorder and use eith the earlier standalone or the one built in to Power Director 15 so I can't try it. .
micromano
Newbie Location: Portland, Oregon Joined: Oct 22, 2017 15:41 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Alain, Perhaps a misplaced post. Both are using Action Director whoch can be a standalone or part og PowerDirector (higher version).

micromano, make sure you have the standalone version of Action Director that is for your model of Gear 360 (there are two). A friend of mine with a new camcorder said that the earlier version don't work with the newest model of the Gear 360.

I have the original Gear 360 camcorder and use eith the earlier standalone or the one built in to Power Director 15 so I can't try it.

Thanks Steve. But my version of PowerDirector 16 won't stich videos, and neither will the ActionDirector. I've tried it every which way (I've installed and uninstalled, updated, and tried various configurations all without any success).
stevek
[Post New]
I'm not clear whiich program you are using. Please clarify.

There is Power Director (with 360 option), the is Action Director (a stand alone) and there is Action Director (from the Gear 360 site).

Whcih camcorder do you have the one from 2016 or the one from 2017? On the Grar site, there are the two different versions.

Did you watch the tutorials? (link) Are you using the little 360 icon below the preview windo in Power Director to view the 360 version?

What are you seeing on the screen? Please be more specific - electrons use to post on theis forum are cheap but my time is slightly more expensive. Actually I'm a volunteer so it is cheap also (but it can be frustrating).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 23. 2017 11:38

Pwingers [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 05, 2019 06:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem but noticed that it seems to save a decent copy of the stiched files in another directory. This must be some kind of software problem but it should be fixable with an update that hopefully, they will produce soon or I shall have to purchase software elsewhere to do the same job.

I found them in this directory: C:\Users\...\Desktop\Samsung\ActionDirector\2.0\ShadowEditFiles

Quote Hi,

Thank you!
Pwingers [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 05, 2019 06:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using a Samsung gear 360 camera and downloaded the ActionDirector software as suggested by Samsung. The videos are stitched perfectly well on the Gear 360's attached Android phone.

However when I downloaded the video files to my PC and added them to the media for the ActionDirector software, I have found that it just corrupts the images as it stitches them to the point that they are unusable because of all little blocks of pixels it seems to splash all over the place (as you described). The stitched videos are then placed in the selection area and replace the original files added in the media area but it's pointless editing them because they're useless.

Using file manager I looked at what else was in the directories used by the program and found they had decent stitched videos in another directory. C:\Users\....\Desktop\Samsung\ActionDirector\2.0\ShadowEditFiles

I do hope they will sort this out and issue a software update soon.

PWingers

Quote Hi,

Thank you!
turgut [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 14, 2023 12:13 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have a similar issue that only happens with LONG videos, like over 2 mins long.

It starts stitching just fine, but towards the 2.5 mins mark or so, it starts producing a very strange output -- top-bottom split screen!

That is, the beginning of the produced video is fine, but about that time, the rest of the video is all split from the middle!

thus longer videos are unusable..

Did anyone come across anything like that?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 14. 2023 12:28

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There are very few users of ActionDirector on the forum, and I think you should contact CL tech support to resolve your issues. You can reach them here.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 14. 2023 15:57

turgut [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 14, 2023 12:13 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote There are very few users of ActionDirector on the forum, and I think you should contact CL tech support to resolve your issues. You can reach them here.

Thanks they refused me and said I should contact Samsung who stopped supporting the camera -- the bastards..