Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upgading PowerDirector5 to 7Ultra
Bill [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2008 04:47 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I just purchased the upgrade and download of
"CyberLink_PowerDirector7_2519_VDE080709-04.exe"
does not start,
"the server returned an error response:403=Forbidden"
appears at the start of download.

I had a trial version of PowerDirector7 that I uninstalled.

I also tried downloading and installing "CyberLink.2521_VDE080828-01.exe' and when I enter my serial number it asks for a trial activation pack from my hard disk?
Please Help
Bill [Avatar]
[Post New]
Please Help

[Post New]
Hey Bill,

Have you not contacted customer service and not had a response?
For what it is worth the system you are uploading may have some files corrupted and may need to be free from those demo files. Try going through the "cleaning and uninstalling " tips from Dafydd in this post : http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/5700.page
He provides a series of links in this post under "see...." Part C,D and H.
Part C is pretty thorough at cleaning up the system and then once you are sure you have cleaned up try following the installing steps again for the new program you have purchased. If it doesn't load, contact customer service and ask them for a new disc image for you to down load.

Hope this helps

David

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 24. 2009 18:52

Bill [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks David for the reply,

I did contact customer service saturday my time Australian, and forgot they're a day behind, they replied by my time wednesday and all is OK!

Thumbs up to customer service

Thanks Bill
[Post New]
LOL I Love a happy ending....