Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to clone and heal?
Ali2017 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 04, 2017 08:32 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I want to know how to use the clone and heal tools? I mean what to press to use? I did SHIFT KEY on both then select an area on the photo, but I see arrows and it does not clone or heal directly.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I want to know how to use the clone and heal tools? I mean what to press to use? I did SHIFT KEY on both then select an area on the photo, but I see arrows and it does not clone or heal directly.

Have you watched any of the on-line tutorials? They are here. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Hello Ali2017,

I've not been able to find a tutorial that deals specifically with the Clone/Heal tools, but it works a little like a more advanced "Smart Patch" (another tool in PhD).

Once you've opened the Clone/Heal tool, click on Clone & simply:

1. Adjust brush size, feather & opacity

2. Click on a spot you want replaced (green circle)

3. PhD selects what it "thinks" would be a suitable replacement (white circle). If it looks right, move on. If not, move the white circle.

4. Repeat the process till all spots have been selected

5. Click "Done" & export.

The attached screenshot shows a work in progress.

PIX
[Thumb - Clone1.png]
 Filename
Clone1.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2038 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
45 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 06. 2017 03:04

PIX YouTube channel