Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Pro Camcorder
MattC [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 03, 2016 12:12 Messages: 102 Offline
[Post New]
Again, this isn't a PDR14 issue, but I can't seem to find a forum section that deals with general stuff. (Is there? and I've just missed seeing it?)

Most of my films have be recorded on amature camcorders (£120 - £250) none of which have easy manual focus, zoom and iris. But I now want to shift up a gear. Has anyone got any suggestions for a mid-range(?) pro-camcorder - in the range of £800 (or would that be classed a bottom). I would prefer it to be 4K but if it produces good quality images, then 1080 will be fine. I guess some of you who have become more proficient at film making will have been up the rungs of the ladder and will know the best and worst of the equipment. Could I possibly pick your experienced brains? Any information will be grately received.

Matt

PS. and if there isn't a 'General Thoughts' forum section for items that are not directly linked to any of the other forums, is it possible to have one? .
PDR14; Win10-x64; i7-6700; 3.4GHz; 16GB RAM; plenty of HDD space; AMD Radeon R5 330.
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Again, this isn't a PDR14 issue, but I can't seem to find a forum section that deals with general stuff. (Is there? and I've just missed seeing it?)

Most of my films have be recorded on amature camcorders (£120 - £250) none of which have easy manual focus, zoom and iris. But I now want to shift up a gear. Has anyone got any suggestions for a mid-range(?) pro-camcorder - in the range of £800 (or would that be classed a bottom). I would prefer it to be 4K but if it produces good quality images, then 1080 will be fine. I guess some of you who have become more proficient at film making will have been up the rungs of the ladder and will know the best and worst of the equipment. Could I possibly pick your experienced brains? Any information will be grately received.

Matt

PS. and if there isn't a 'General Thoughts' forum section for items that are not directly linked to any of the other forums, is it possible to have one?

I just bought a SONY FDR-AX33. Ist is around 600€ and zoom, focus and iris can be used manually. It is 4K and has an outstanding stabilization system. Or maybe the follow-on AX53.

Hatti

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 29. 2017 12:15

Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
MattC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Hatti,

I'll look into those.

Matt .
PDR14; Win10-x64; i7-6700; 3.4GHz; 16GB RAM; plenty of HDD space; AMD Radeon R5 330.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks Hatti,

I'll look into those.

Matt

Hi Matt

I use a Panasonic GH4. Being able to change the lens allows the user to make the most creative videos. The quality of the video is superb and it's reasonably easy to use. It does timelapse, stop motion and has wifi. Manual focus is a synch.

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
MattC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Robert,

A DSLR style was one route I did look down, as the versatility was good, but I was really looking for something a little more 'pro camcorder'. However, I think the format and features I'm looking for seem to start at £1,500 up, which is a little too pricy for me. I think I need to reevaluate my thinking - unless there are any more ideas.

But thanks for your comments. I will definitely keep them in mind.

Matt .