Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
VR mode 3D movies
[Post New]
I have a question about the VR mode.

Can PowerDVD 17 play non protected 3D movies on an Occulus Rift ?

If yes, what format ? Recompressed files, or Blu-Ray 3D ?

Thanks.
Roussi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 13, 2017 10:30 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have a question about the VR mode.

Thanks.

Apparently and unfortunately, it can play only files - which is not much more functionality than the native Oculus video player, or even any more than the free MPC-HC with the free Bigscreen Beta.

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=19873

I expect it will play any of the file formats supported in the non-VR modes; not sure only about frame-packed mkv, I would be interested to hear if it is supported, as that would be the fastest and easiest conversion of a ripped BD3D.
[Post New]
Quote I have a question about the VR mode.

Thanks.

Apparently and unfortunately, it can play only files - which is not much more functionality than the native Oculus video player, or even any more than the free MPC-HC with the free Bigscreen Beta.

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=19873

I expect it will play any of the file formats supported in the non-VR modes; not sure only about frame-packed mkv, I would be interested to hear if it is supported, as that would be the fastest and easiest conversion of a ripped BD3D.
Yeah, that's what I had read before too. So sadly, the VR mode is useless for us Blu-Ray 3D owners for now.

I guess I'll stick to PDVD 16 for now then.