Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upload to YouTube is swished into thin letterbox.
Micheil [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2012 17:22 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Aspect ratio is 16:9. Source is 4k 30fps 60 mbs GoPro footage. I have tried to render I H264 and H265 in 4k MP4. But both uploads end up being a very thin letterbox video when uploaded to YouTube. I'm currently rendering a 1080p copy then uploadin to see if it works.

I added a 3D title at the end of the production. Could that be the problem?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Aspect ratio is 16:9. Source is 4k 30fps 60 mbs GoPro footage. I have tried to render I H264 and H265 in 4k MP4. But both uploads end up being a very thin letterbox video when uploaded to YouTube. I'm currently rendering a 1080p copy then uploadin to see if it works.

If you gave a link to your Youtube video with the problem, we could look and see what you are talking about.

There are some formatting tags that may help.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/146402?hl=en

try yt:stretch=16:9

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 04. 2017 20:50

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Micheil [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2012 17:22 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Aspect ratio is 16:9. Source is 4k 30fps 60 mbs GoPro footage. I have tried to render I H264 and H265 in 4k MP4. But both uploads end up being a very thin letterbox video when uploaded to YouTube. I'm currently rendering a 1080p copy then uploadin to see if it works.

If you gave a link to your Youtube video with the problem, we could look and see what you are talking about.

There are some formatting tags that may help.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/146402?hl=en

try yt:stretch=16:9

Here is the video I have tried to upload. Cyberlink PowerDirector Problem
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Micheil -

Wow - something's gone horribly wrong there!

What profile did you use to produce the video, because it's come out as 2560x136 (see attached).

I'm not sure what went wrong, but you probably wanted it to look like this, minus the messed up PQ & resolution.

Maybe if you provide some details about your produce settings members could assist further.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Video Properties.png]
 Filename
Video Properties.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
17 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!