Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can I merge two music tracks togther on Power Director 12?
bestbass42
Member Location: Wolverhampton,England. Joined: Apr 01, 2011 10:22 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
I Have a mix CD where the tracks 'mix' into each other but still show as seperate tracks at the start of each track. I Want to make one track out of two as they are both the same tune but two different mixes. So when I put them into the audio section on my PD12 timeline its showing the first track, then the second. How can I combine the two into one so its one seamless track? Is it possible?

Thanks in advance! Cyberlink PowerDirector12 Ultra 64bit.

Alienware 18, 4th Gen intel Core i7, Windows 8.1

Apple iMac G5, 9 Years old & slow as a snail!!!

Sony HDR-CX360VE

Sony Cyber-Shot DSCW200.

Nikon D750.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX FQ360.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I Have a mix CD where the tracks 'mix' into each other but still show as seperate tracks at the start of each track. I Want to make one track out of two as they are both the same tune but two different mixes. So when I put them into the audio section on my PD12 timeline its showing the first track, then the second. How can I combine the two into one so its one seamless track? Is it possible?

Thanks in advance!

Hi bestbass42

I cant be certain about PD12, but in 13 you can.

If you place both the music tracks on the same timeline track - left click and drag the second one as far as you want the overlap to be. When you release the mouse you will see a menu with "crossfade" on it. select crossfade and the overlap will take place.

Then, if you drag the second bit of music right over the the first, it will play both as one, from the same track, but you still have to use the crossfade option. So what you have in effect, is one track on top of another, crossfaded.

Robert

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 01. 2017 11:35

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Just butt the two audio clips together on the same audio track like you do with video clips. One music track ends and the other starts.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Just butt the two audio clips together on the same audio track like you do with video clips. One music track ends and the other starts.

Hi tomasc

If I have read the post correctly OP wants to have both the music tracks playing at the same time, as they are identical.

If that isn't the case, I'm sorry, I have misunderstood Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I reread the post. If the two tracks are of the same music piece using some of the same instruments and you want to mix them then The Shadowman has the right answer. PD13 also has sync by audio in which PD12 lacks so you will have to align them manually.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 01. 2017 12:30

bestbass42
Member Location: Wolverhampton,England. Joined: Apr 01, 2011 10:22 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the replies, i've now sussed it!!! I Just put the two tracks in the audio timeline them produced as a 'wav' file and this now plays as one track in my itunes!

However I have another question. When I first produced the track there is a box with two musical notes in it. Now I thought that would be the best way to save 'produce' the file especially as there are 'better than CD quality' choices in the drop down menu. However when I save it that way the file wont play in itunes but plays in a seperate box. How can I save it so it plays in tunes? Cyberlink PowerDirector12 Ultra 64bit.

Alienware 18, 4th Gen intel Core i7, Windows 8.1

Apple iMac G5, 9 Years old & slow as a snail!!!

Sony HDR-CX360VE

Sony Cyber-Shot DSCW200.

Nikon D750.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX FQ360.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
See this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITunes . You may want to try the mpeg-4 audio format.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the replies, i've now sussed it!!! I Just put the two tracks in the audio timeline them produced as a 'wav' file and this now plays as one track in my itunes!

However I have another question. When I first produced the track there is a box with two musical notes in it. Now I thought that would be the best way to save 'produce' the file especially as there are 'better than CD quality' choices in the drop down menu. However when I save it that way the file wont play in itunes but plays in a seperate box. How can I save it so it plays in tunes?

You can call up extra audio tracks(as many as needed). There's an icon just next to the selector between timeline & storyboard. It looks like a filmstrip with a '+' sign on it. Click there and add as many audio tracks as you need. I'm working off PD14 but PD12 isn't that far removed in its functions.