Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
problems with powerdirector 15 and colordirector
cincydroneboy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2017 13:36 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
hello, im new to powerdirector i have powerdirector 15 suite, while in colordirector of powerdirector when i import video it looks good till i drag the clips to the time line then they get blurry choppy and not clear. these are around 3-5 minute clips i took with my drone, hoping someone might be able to help me,

this is the info on the clip

mp4/file size is 136.7mb/ typeh.264avc/ bitrate 9.29mps/ resolution 1920/ frame rate 59.94fs/aspect 16.9

I have intel core i5-6200u 2.3ghz with turbo boost up to 2.8ghz

intel HD graphics 520 up to 2112 MB Dynamic video memory

12gb ddr 4 memory 1T HDD

thanks
cincydroneboy [Avatar]
[Post New]
someone please help! lol i have tried getting tips for a month every where. yesturday i added 8g of ram so now im at 12g i converted my video to a lower resolution still does not play
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
In both PDR & CDR, there are options for setting the preview quality - see attached screenshots. This affects timeline quality, rather than media library.

If your clips are UHD/4K, the best preview available is Full HD. i.e. you're not viewing UHD/4K

What are your settings?

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - PDR Preview Quality.jpg]
 Filename
PDR Preview Quality.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
492 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
58 time(s)
[Thumb - CDR Preview Quality.jpg]
 Filename
CDR Preview Quality.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
721 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
58 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 24. 2017 18:23

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
cincydroneboy [Avatar]
[Post New]
thank you for your reply! i dont get a window like you showed, when i go to preveiw i select normal veiw... but that does not help.
cincydroneboy [Avatar]
[Post New]
ok yes i have mine set like yours, the speed and movement is good, but is not a clear video its very blury and grainy.

in colordirector i changed it and it improved the quality but it is moving in slow motion, i was prompted that my video was 59.94 but timeline was 29.97?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 24. 2017 18:56

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
deleted, sorry. I answered another post which is not here anymore.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 24. 2017 18:55

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

cincydroneboy [Avatar]
[Post New]
well changing the settings helped it is still lagging in quality.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 24. 2017 19:03

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi cincydroneboy -

I wasn't reading your post properly earlier. Sorry. As soon as I see "drone" I think 4K & high bitrates, but your clips are 1080p @ 9Mbps.

According to benchmarks, your i5-6200u is less well equipped for video editing than my poor old i7-920. Still, it should be able to cope with the clips you're using.

If you continue to experience that lagging, you could consider using shadow files for editing. In Preferences, check "Enable HD video processing". That way your PC is only trying to process lower res files. In production, the original 1080p clips are used.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
cincydroneboy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you! yes i have checked that. is 434mb a big file? i converted it to mpeg2 and it brought it down to around 200 but it did not play well, like slow motion. whats the right way to convert to a proxy?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 25. 2017 07:04

cincydroneboy [Avatar]
[Post New]
can i use Proxy videos in powerdirector?
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote can i use Proxy videos in powerdirector?

Powerdirector can create it's own proxy/shadow files. Go to Preferences>General and enable shadow files. Any HD files in your library window will begin creating a shadow file, indicated by a yellow arrow on each applicable thumbnail. You should wait until all those yellow icons/arrows turn green which indicates the file has completed generating. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
WillChill58 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Northern Hemisphere Joined: Dec 10, 2012 22:00 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Quote hello, im new to powerdirector i have powerdirector 15 suite, while in colordirector of powerdirector when i import video it looks good till i drag the clips to the time line then they get blurry choppy and not clear. these are around 3-5 minute clips i took with my drone, hoping someone might be able to help me,

this is the info on the clip

mp4/file size is 136.7mb/ typeh.264avc/ bitrate 9.29mps/ resolution 1920/ frame rate 59.94fs/aspect 16.9

I have intel core i5-6200u 2.3ghz with turbo boost up to 2.8ghz

intel HD graphics 520 up to 2112 MB Dynamic video memory

12gb ddr 4 memory 1T HDD

thanks

Hello, I'm familiar with this problem and the easiest thing to do is start out in PowerDirector and when you are ready to fix or enhance color there is a Tab up on the upper left hand side of power director that states "Color Director". Hit that tab when ready to move the project over to color director and it keeps all the appropriate settings for it to work correctly. After you are finished with color director editing you can save and or just close and it will move the whole project back into Power Director Edit mode right where you left off. This way the settings stay compatible with each program. When you drag it over I don't think you capture all the appropriate settings too. I know doing this, the simple way, fixed the issues I had that you've described. good luck. Rob
cincydroneboy [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks guys i will try both!