Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
4K with 30p is not recognized by Sony 4K UHD TV
Pingala [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 04, 2017 14:13 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I produced a video clip using PowerDirector 14 that came from Cannon 70D. all other formats are working except for 4K on my Sony TV. what is the problem?
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I produced a video clip using PowerDirector 14 that came from Cannon 70D. all other formats are working except for 4K on my Sony TV. what is the problem?

What model is the TV?

What media are you using to attempt to play the 4K material on the TV? USB 3?

Does the 4K play in VLC or another media player?

What format is the video, eg MP4?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 04. 2017 14:57

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Pingala [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I produced a video clip using PowerDirector 14 that came from Cannon 70D. all other formats are working except for 4K on my Sony TV. what is the problem?

What model is the TV? XBR75X850C

What media are you using to attempt to play the 4K material on the TV? USB 3? Windows 10 (via HomeGroup) over Ethernet LAN

Does the 4K play in VLC or another media player? VLC did not give error, but it does not play properly (frames stuck)

What format is the video, eg MP4?
MP4

Profile Name : MPEG-4 4K 3840 x 2160 /30p (37 mbps)

For 20 minutes, the space is about 4.8 GB (can not be copied to USB with FAT32)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
You said For 20 minutes, the space is about 4.8 GB (can not be copied to USB with FAT32)

That is true but you can reformat the thumbdrive to NTSF or exFat. It depends on what you are using to play the files with (TV or Digital Player).

Look at your owners manual, I could not find that information for your particular Sony TV.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 05. 2017 10:49

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Pingala [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You said For 20 minutes, the space is about 4.8 GB (can not be copied to USB with FAT32)

That is true but you can reformat the thumbdrive to NTSF or exFat. It depends on what you are using to play the files with (TV or Digital Player).

Look at your owners manual, I could not find that information for your particular Sony TV.

This SONY TV is the 2015 model. I could play other 4K clips including those from YouTube (over internet or from HomeGroup over LAN)

I copies to USB (with NTFS) and it worked from the stick!

I would appreciate if someone can figure out how to fix HomeGroup/LAN issue!

Thanks,

SP

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 05. 2017 11:32

The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You said For 20 minutes, the space is about 4.8 GB (can not be copied to USB with FAT32)

This SONY TV is the 2015 model. I could play other 4K clips including those from YouTube (over internet or from HomeGroup over LAN)

I will try to copy to another USB stick (with NTFS or exFat)

Any resolution is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

SP

Does your TV need to have an external hard drive dedicated to it?? . Personally, and I open to criticism here, I think you would be very hard pressed to play self edited 4k material successfuly over an ethernet cable.

Again, I may be wrong, but is your gear powerful enough to handle 4K? the fact that VLC freezes, points to the fact that it isn't.

It might be a good idea to post your PCs dxDiag file so the members can give their opinion.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 05. 2017 15:59

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm open to criticism here

Robert - I'm scratching for a reason to be critical. Can you help me out? laughing

SP - I have a smaller/older model - Sony KD-55X8500B - and I don't stream PDR produced UHD videos to it. I prefer to use the direct approach. Videos are transferred to a dedicated HDD and played from there. Those same UHD videos play back smoothly on my PC using MPC-HC or VLC player. I use similar output for production AVC H.264 MP4 3840x2160 @ 50-100Mbps (depending on content).

I agree with Robert about sharing your DxDiag. How your PC is performing would be a factor with your ethernet issue.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote: I'm open to criticism here

Robert - I'm scratching for a reason to be critical. Can you help me out? laughing

SP - I have a smaller/older model - Sony KD-55X8500B - and I don't stream PDR produced UHD videos to it. I prefer to use the direct approach. Videos are transferred to a dedicated HDD and played from there. Those same UHD videos play back smoothly on my PC using MPC-HC or VLC player. I use similar output for production AVC H.264 MP4 3840x2160 @ 50-100Mbps (depending on content).

I agree with Robert about sharing your DxDiag. How your PC is performing would be a factor with your ethernet issue.

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony

You have lost me a little. You seem to be doing exactly what I have suggested. The best way to play any media, especially 4K, on a TV is to play from a usb3 connected dedicated hard drive. In my opinion trying to play 4K over an Ethernet cable will result in a very jumpy experience.

Have I said something you disagree with?

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Have I said something you disagree with?

Not at all Robert. I was backing up what you'd posted.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
No problem here on a 2015 Vizio on 4K USB as long as it is HEVC or anything via HDMI.

The reason I piped up is to ask if anyone has any news about UHD BR burning from any source.

Cyberling will have PC playback of commercial UHD discs by Feb. Hopefully burning that is not far behind.

I can play UHD HEVC BR burned as a file from a Samsung 8500 player but of course no titles or chapters,etc

Eugene 73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Cyberling will have PC playback of commercial UHD discs by Feb. Hopefully burning that is not far behind.

Yep. Certified in Dec. 2016 and will be sold later. See the news: http://4k.com/news/cyberlinks-powerdvd-becomes-the-worlds-first-software-media-player-certified-for-4k-blu-ray-17805/ .
Julien Pierre [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Apr 14, 2011 01:34 Messages: 476 Offline
[Post New]
Quote In my opinion trying to play 4K over an Ethernet cable will result in a very jumpy experience.

It really depends what version of Ethernet you are using. 10 Base T would definitely not be fast enough.

100 Base T may or may not, depending on the bit rate of your 4K files.

1000 Base T (Gigabit ethernet) should definitely work, however. I have been on Gigabit ethernet for more than a decade.

Not sure if any of the smart TVs feature Gigabit ethernet, but if not, it's a shame.

Of course these days, they should really have 10 Gig ethernet, too. MSI X99A Raider
Intel i7-5820k @ 4.4 GHz
32GB DDR4 RAM
Gigabyte nVidia GTX 960 4GB
480 GB Patriot Ignite SSD (boot)
2 x 480 GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD (striped)
6 x 1 TB Samsung 860 SSD (striped)

2 x LG 32UD59-B 32" 4K
Asus PB238 23" HD (portrait)