Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 14 vs powerDVD 16
acg [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 04, 2011 20:47 Messages: 275 Offline
[Post New]
I aready have PowerDVD 14. I hear there are a lot of problems with version 16.

Trying to decide wheter to wait for 17 with the fixes or what?

Alan
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I aready have PowerDVD 14. I hear there are a lot of problems with version 16.

Alan

Power DVD "17" , when it is released may have problems by itself The web site shows a free update for 17 when it is released. That may be a good deal!

What do you see in Power DVD 14 that you just have to have (functionality)? If there is nothing, why worry about it?

Look here (link) for comparison of PowerDVD 14 vs Power DVD 16

By the way, what are the "lots of problems" with Power DVD 16 that you refer to -- other than those caused by faulty installation? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 09, 2010 14:05 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I aready have PowerDVD 14. I hear there are a lot of problems with version 16.

Alan

Power DVD "17" , when it is released may have problems by itself The web site shows a free update for 17 when it is released. That may be a good deal!

What do you see in Power DVD 14 that you just have to have (functionality)? If there is nothing, why worry about it?

Look here (link) for comparison of PowerDVD 14 vs Power DVD 16

By the way, what are the "lots of problems" with Power DVD 16 that you refer to -- other than those caused by faulty installation?

Where on the web site does it show/say a free update to 17 when it's released ?

I've been here a while and Cyberlink has never offered a free update to anything, there is always a charge for an upgrade.

Do you have a link ?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Jeff, I was surprised also. It is no longer listed. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 09, 2010 14:05 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Jeff, I was surprised also. It is no longer listed.

Someone must have been chomping at the bit... smile