Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD crashes, hangs, customer support slow
ninaQ6 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 29, 2016 16:46 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I used to have PD5 years ago. I liked the user friendly UI but disliked the occasional crashes.

I downloaded the trial a couple of days ago but ran into problems:

1) when trying to buy the licence for 55,90 I was redirected to a checkout with the value of my basket of 100+ USD

2) I contacted tech support and got a question (not an answer!) about 24 h later - I answered their question and still waiting for a reply more than 24 h later

3) constant freezes/crashes makes working impossible

During these two days I've experienced about 20 crashes. I've tried everything suggested in previous posts: updating drivers, removal of Quick time, closing PD and rich video from task manager. Nope... after a crash I need to restart my computer. In a way I'm glad support is slow - I won't waste my money on this software.

Please let me know if you ever find a solution for the freezes/crashes.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Perhaps with a little more information we can help. I'll assume that you have Windows 10. If so, post the dxdiag.exe evaluation of the computer (there is no personal information other than the computer's name. Follow these instructions. Scroll down to the fourth message.

A couple of quick things. You must install the progran to your system drive and to an Administrators account. You must have your antivirus off or paused during instellation. You must get rid of any Registry Cleaners, like System Mechanic or other programs that say they will clean your registry to speed up your computer.

We'll await your posting of the dxdiag.exe file. Cloase to the end of it will be all the system/program problems; we may be able to see somehting there.

Go here for Power Director sale. Remember to add the code when you are ready to check out. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I used to have PD5 years ago. I liked the user friendly UI but disliked the occasional crashes.

I downloaded the trial a couple of days ago but ran into problems:

1) when trying to buy the licence for 55,90 I was redirected to a checkout with the value of my basket of 100+ USD

2) I contacted tech support and got a question (not an answer!) about 24 h later - I answered their question and still waiting for a reply more than 24 h later

During these two days I've experienced about 20 crashes. I've tried everything suggested in previous posts: updating drivers, removal of Quick time, closing PD and rich video from task manager. Nope... after a crash I need to restart my computer. In a way I'm glad support is slow - I won't waste my money on this software.

Please let me know if you ever find a solution for the freezes/crashes.

We are not Cyberlink, we are users like you, trying to help other users. If you post a dxdiag, others here may be able to help (instructions for this are at the top of the forum). Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote 1) when trying to buy the licence for 55,90 I was redirected to a checkout with the value of my basket of 100+ USD

The 1 and 2 above was answered here a few days ago. The difference in price is because it makes a big difference in which country you live in. Support suspect that you don't live in America.

The trial allows you to judge whether PD15 works for you. Your pc may have problems that the DxDiag.txt can be used to help resolve.
ninaQ6 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Perhaps with a little more information we can help. I'll assume that you have Windows 10. If so, post the dxdiag.exe evaluation of the computer (there is no personal information other than the computer's name. Follow these instructions. Scroll down to the fourth message.

A couple of quick things. You must install the progran to your system drive and to an Administrators account. You must have your antivirus off or paused during instellation. You must get rid of any Registry Cleaners, like System Mechanic or other programs that say they will clean your registry to speed up your computer.

We'll await your posting of the dxdiag.exe file. Cloase to the end of it will be all the system/program problems; we may be able to see somehting there.

Go here for Power Director sale. Remember to add the code when you are ready to check out.

Steve, I love you! Disabling the antivirus during re-install has enabled working on PD for an hour without crashes :

Thanks!
ninaQ6 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote 1) when trying to buy the licence for 55,90 I was redirected to a checkout with the value of my basket of 100+ USD

The 1 and 2 above was answered here a few days ago. The difference in price is because it makes a big difference in which country you live in. Support suspect that you don't live in America.

The trial allows you to judge whether PD15 works for you. Your pc may have problems that the DxDiag.txt can be used to help resolve.

True, I'm not murican. Nevertheless, without asking my nationality I get the offer as seen in the screenshot. Or rather... I am offered the offer I cannot grab :-/

Steve's link takes me to the correct offer though.
 Filename
scr1.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
120 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
16 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 30. 2016 16:41