Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Inserting Transitions in PD15
kc_123 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: NC Joined: Dec 16, 2016 11:32 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I am having problems getting transitions in my projects. I drag them down and sometimes they stay and usually don't. The transition makes a little gap and I can see the file etc. I've been trying to put transitions between the different chapters and they just won't stay. What am I doing wrong ?

Never had this much problem before using Pinnacle. *ugh* Win 10 64bit
i7 6700 @ 3.4Ghz
16GB DDR4 RAM
250GB SSD
2TB SATA
Sony Handycam CCD-TR96 Video8
Sony Handycam DCR-HC62 miniDV
Canon Vixia HF-R21 SDXHC
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Never had this much problem before using Pinnacle. *ugh*

You are dragging the transitions to between two video clips with audio. Right? You may be trying to put the transition at the exact center like you did with pinnacle and that is wrong. You need to apply the transition between the video portion of the clips only and not on the center or audio portion between two clips.

The next time you see the no symbol then move and drag the transition up about ¼ inch until the no symbol disappears before you release the mouse button.

You may need to expand the timeline ruler so you can see the transition and where you are dropping it. There should be no gap between clips for normal transitions to work.

Let us know if this helps.
kc_123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Never had this much problem before using Pinnacle. *ugh*

You are dragging the transitions to between two video clips with audio. Right? You may be trying to put the transition at the exact center like you did with pinnacle and that is wrong. You need to apply the transition between the video portion of the clips only and not on the center or audio portion between two clips.

The next time you see the no symbol then move and drag the transition up about ¼ inch until the no symbol disappears before you release the mouse button.

You may need to expand the timeline ruler so you can see the transition and where you are dropping it. There should be no gap between clips for normal transitions to work.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks for the reply. Apologies for the late response with the holdays and all. No I am not trying to put it "at the exact center". Never did that with the Pinnacle software either. I am trying to put it in between the video clips. Not the video and audio combined. I drag it right to the edge and release it and it disappears. With Pinnacle it leaves a icon there with the lightning bolt and it's very obvious it's there. I will try again as I am starting to edit the movies again. I will let you know if I can get it to work. I've tried your suggestions above but will try them again. Thanks

KC

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 29. 2016 09:30

Win 10 64bit
i7 6700 @ 3.4Ghz
16GB DDR4 RAM
250GB SSD
2TB SATA
Canon Vixia HF-R21 SDXHC
kc_123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Can anybody offer anything on this ? The transitions won't stay when I drag them to the area between the clips. I usually have to do it several times to get it to add, and sometimes it never adds. What is going on ?

KC Win 10 64bit
i7 6700 @ 3.4Ghz
16GB DDR4 RAM
250GB SSD
2TB SATA
Canon Vixia HF-R21 SDXHC
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Can anybody offer anything on this ? The transitions won't stay when I drag them to the area between the clips. I usually have to do it several times to get it to add, and sometimes it never adds. What is going on ?

KC

There shouldn't be sny space between clips, they should be touching. Then drag the transition oner the "joint" between the two clips. Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
kc_123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Can anybody offer anything on this ? The transitions won't stay when I drag them to the area between the clips. I usually have to do it several times to get it to add, and sometimes it never adds. What is going on ?

KC

There shouldn't be sny space between clips, they should be touching. Then drag the transition oner the "joint" between the two clips.

Yea I've tried it both ways. With a little space and the clips touching, I get the same results. Thanks for the reply though. Really disappointed in this software. I'll experiment somemore. Thanks Dan. Win 10 64bit
i7 6700 @ 3.4Ghz
16GB DDR4 RAM
250GB SSD
2TB SATA
Canon Vixia HF-R21 SDXHC
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
Might take a screen shot and post it so we can see directly what's going on.

CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive