Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unwanted reverb added during playback-SOLVED
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDVD is new to me with my purchase of Director Suite 5 Ultimate. I'm not loving it so far, will probably need to revert to VLC as my default video player.

But I'm trying to give the software a chance. - So far I don't see how to turn off the annoying default of automatically playing another video after the one I wanted to watch. - ?

More annoying - I was playing back video projects made in PD15, and heard an annoying addition of room simulation reverb added to the audio - not echo, though people mistakenly call reverb that sometimes. I'm talking about the simulation of sound bouncing around inside different sizes of venues. This particular reverb sounds like it's a fairly bright, medium sized room.

I thought I'd done something unintended in PD15, but have definitely tracked the source of the reverb back to PowerDVD. The same videos played in VLC or Windows Media Player sound the way I intended. In PowerDVD it seems to be one of those "audio enhancements" which often are not an improvement but a degradation of sound.

I cannot find a control for turning this off. Anyone know how?

EDIT: Poked around more - found what I wanted. By default, this True Theater enhancement includes adding a reverb to the signal. It's under Video Enhancements instead of Audio - illogically. Glad I found it and turned it off. Was driving me mad.

Randy B.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 18. 2016 16:20

Hicham_B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jun 09, 2015 04:02 Messages: 1347 Offline
[Post New]
Hi rbowser,

Thank you for joining our forum.

• For you first question about "automatically playing another video": Play a video file in PDVD, than right click on the screen and click "Repeat", than "Off". Please see attached file.

• For your forther question, could you send us a screen shot / produced file or a screen capture in order to understand your concerns. BTW, the Director Suite 5 Ultimate has a screen recording software called "Screen Recorder". Please capture all the steps you did and send us the produced clip with the screen recorde.

Best regards

Hicham

Quote PowerDVD is new to me with my purchase of Director Suite 5 Ultimate. I'm not loving it so far, will probably need to revert to VLC as my default video player.

But I'm trying to give the software a chance. - So far I don't see how to turn off the annoying default of automatically playing another video after the one I wanted to watch. - ?

More annoying - I was playing back video projects made in PD15, and heard an annoying addition of room simulation reverb added to the audio - not echo, though people mistakenly call reverb that sometimes. I'm talking about the simulation of sound bouncing around inside different sizes of venues. This particular reverb sounds like it's a fairly bright, medium sized room.

I thought I'd done something unintended in PD15, but have definitely tracked the source of the reverb back to PowerDVD. The same videos played in VLC or Windows Media Player sound the way I intended. In PowerDVD it seems to be one of those "audio enhancements" which often are not an improvement but a degradation of sound.

EDIT: Poked around more - found what I wanted. By default, this True Theater enhancement includes adding a reverb to the signal. It's under Video Enhancements instead of Audio - illogically. Glad I found it and turned it off. Was driving me mad.

Randy B.
Technical support:
EN: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
DE: https://de.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
FR: https://fr.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
ES: https://es.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply, Hicham

Since writing the post, I found how to turn off the unwanted default of advancing to the next vid, thanks.

My primary issue was already resolved when I edited the post and added SOLVED to the title. As I said in that edit, "...found what I wanted. By default, this True Theater enhancement includes adding a reverb to the signal."

Maybe you're not aware of it, but True Theater (on by default), adds a subtle amount of reverb to a soundtrack. Not echo, but a venue simulation reverb. For the self-produced videos I first tried out in PowerDVD, it was very annoying to have my intended sound be unexpectedly altered. But turning True Theater off fixed the problem, and the soundtracks are playing back now as I want my audio mixes to sound.

Thanks again.

Randy B.

Quote Hi rbowser,

Thank you for joining our forum.

• For you first question about "automatically playing another video": Play a video file in PDVD, than right click on the screen and click "Repeat", than "Off". Please see attached file.

• For your forther question, could you send us a screen shot / produced file or a screen capture in order to understand your concerns. BTW, the Director Suite 5 Ultimate has a screen recording software called "Screen Recorder". Please capture all the steps you did and send us the produced clip with the screen recorde.

Best regards

Hicham

Quote PowerDVD is new to me with my purchase of Director Suite 5 Ultimate. I'm not loving it so far, will probably need to revert to VLC as my default video player.

Randy B.